Get to know Hanley Ramirez

Ramp

Ironic and funny story...

My good friend moved from South Florida to Maine about 2 years ago, a diehard Marlins fan. Not too long after the move, he volunteered to house a Portland Seadog player, turns out it was Hanley Ramirez. They become good friends and he lived with my friend for I think the entire season. Now Hanley is going to the Marlins, kinda cool for my friend.

Also, another friend of mine, his dad is an accountant for tons of MLB players, one of his clients is Hanley.

well if he pans out, it's at a premium position. Would be a nice left side of the infield.

Exactly my thoughts, but that's a big if (given his questions of motivation, and unispired AA numbers)...and I don't like "ifs" coming back when it's dealing a player of Beckett's value.

Me neither Swift.

It does solve the dilemma of whether to retain Alex or not at least, which saves another few million (sigh... I hate talking like that). And his #s last season don't exactly leap off the page at you. Not bad, but not #1 prospect kind of stuff, you know?

well if he pans out, it's at a premium position. Would be a nice left side of the infield.

Exactly my thoughts, but that's a big if (given his questions of motivation, and unispired AA numbers)...and I don't like "ifs" coming back when it's dealing a player of Beckett's value.

Me neither Swift.

It does solve the dilemma of whether to retain Alex or not at least, which saves another few million (sigh... I hate talking like that). And his #s last season don't exactly leap off the page at you. Not bad, but not #1 prospect kind of stuff, you know?

I know, I've been reading a lot about him the past couple of days...plus I've read that the Marlins are tinkering with the idea of sticking him at AAA to see how he responds.

Tools only last so long before you have to put up numbers that reflect the hype surrounding you. While I'm not comparing the two directly, Alex Gonzalez was in much the same position coming up...scouts saw a slick fielding kid with the chance to develop power as his frame grew. *Sigh*

Me neither Swift.

I know, I've been reading a lot about him the past couple of days...plus I've read that the Marlins are tinkering with the idea of sticking him at AAA to see how he responds.

:thumbup

I would love to see him down here.