Who do non -"likely voters" support?

PhishPhan

Poll: College students moving toward Kerry

And it appears a majority of those responding to the survey intend to vote for Sen. John Kerry.

The Harvard University Institute of Politics surveyed students across the country in October.

# The 10-point lead that Kerry held over President Bush in a March survey has grown to 13 percent.

# While Bush's support among students has remained consistent, many undecided voters have moved into the Kerry camp.

# In swing states, Kerry's lead is even higher, about 16 percent. Swing-state students also are saying they are more likely to vote than students in non-swing states.

Look for a big turnout

The National Center for Education Statistics estimates there are more than 10.2 million students enrolled at four-year schools this year.

King predicts more than half of them will vote in the presidential election, a significant increase from a turnout of about 42 percent in 2000.

students through the whole nation

students in swing states

CNN Article

Also remember college students are not considered "likely voters" which all the major national polls use. So any state that Bush is in the lead by only 1 or 2% or tied, student may be able to swing the vote since there is such a big gap between who they support.

Well, unless my absentee ballot that I mailed off from NC on Thursday doesn't get to Madame Butterfly on Tuesday, I'd have to say that I'm a "likely voter." Additionally, I've also talked to others who have done early voting through NC registration. So far, those that I have talked to have all voted Kerry (then again, that's a small sample size and more like my circle of friends).

Well, unless my absentee ballot that I mailed off from NC on Thursday doesn't get to Madame Butterfly on Tuesday, I'd have to say that I'm a "likely voter." Additionally, I've also talked to others who have done early voting through NC registration. So far, those that I have talked to have all voted Kerry (then again, that's a small sample size and more like my circle of friends).

605217[/snapback]

I'm not sure if you caught any of the pervious threads on what a likely voter is, but here it is just so you know, and you see how it ignores most college kids.

Likely voter Criteria:

Voted in the last election

Lived in your current place of residence for 4 years

Were registered to vote prior to the last presidential election

And a few others, but those are the main ones. Most college kids were not registered in the last election, thus not considered "likely" voters even if they have already voted.