Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My vote might not be counted

Featured Replies

I read somewhere today (actually, through my school newspaper) that I may have needed to provide a photocopy of ID in order for my absentee vote to be counted. Is that true? I don't think I saw that anywhere in the instructions for voting, although the Duke Chronicle mentioned it. This is really worrying me now.

I read somewhere today (actually, through my school newspaper) that I may have needed to provide a photocopy of ID in order for my absentee vote to be counted. Is that true? I don't think I saw that anywhere in the instructions for voting, although the Duke Chronicle mentioned it. This is really worrying me now.

605544[/snapback]

 

Call 1-866-Our-Vote They'll tell you if this is true, which I believe it isn't

  • Author

Election Protection said that there's nothing specified about that. That's weird. Now I don't know who's making up the truth, although recent history suggests that the Chronicle may be.

Election Protection said that there's nothing specified about that. That's weird. Now I don't know who's making up the truth, although recent history suggests that the Chronicle may be.

605555[/snapback]

 

Dude don't worry. I don't think they won't count your vote. If anything they might delay counting to ensure proper identification is achieved. Relax

:mad : That better not be the case.

 

I didnt provide ID either because it stated nothing about ID. I read those instructions about 10 times and with extreme detail in mind.

 

I think that might be the case in other states but not in Florida(assuming you voted in FL Bulldurham). I think in Florida, the signed affidavit and the ID you show when you register is good enough.

:mad : That better not be the case.

 

I didnt provide ID either because it stated nothing about ID. I read those instructions about 10 times and with extreme detail in mind.

 

I think that might be the case in other states but not in Florida(assuming you voted in FL Bulldurham). I think in Florida, the signed affidavit and the ID you show when you register is good enough.

605561[/snapback]

 

I think so too. I think ID was not required for absentee ballots in here.

Call that number they advertised on the NBC Nightly News last night... 1-800-MY-VOTE1.

my mom sent her ballot without a photo id i hope her vote counts. the ballots just gave you instructions on voting then you sign the ballot nothing about photo id.

This is why I don't prefer to vote absentee. We always take election day in advance, clear our schedules and make voting the priority.

If you register by mail and you are a first-time voter in the county, you are required to provide additional identification. To assure that you will not have problems when you go to vote, you should provide a copy of the required identification at the time you mail your voter registration form. If you are voting an absentee ballot, you must provide the proper identification prior to 7 p.m. election day or your absentee ballot will not count.

 

from the Florida Voter Registration Application form

If you register by mail and you are a first-time voter in the county, you are required to provide additional identification. To assure that you will not have problems when you go to vote, you should provide a copy of the required identification at the time you mail your voter registration form. If you are voting an absentee ballot, you must provide the proper identification prior to 7 p.m. election day or your absentee ballot will not count.

 

from the Florida Voter Registration Application form

605693[/snapback]

 

so my mother's votes won't count because we sent a ballot out without a photocopy of her id? :mad :

If you believe your vote may have not counted I believe you can vote on a ballot in person but it will not be counted unless your absentee is not. I would call my local supervisor of elections.

  • Author

If you register by mail and you are a first-time voter in the county, you are required to provide additional identification. To assure that you will not have problems when you go to vote, you should provide a copy of the required identification at the time you mail your voter registration form. If you are voting an absentee ballot, you must provide the proper identification prior to 7 p.m. election day or your absentee ballot will not count.

 

from the Florida Voter Registration Application form

605693[/snapback]

 

So, does this mean my vote won't count? What do I do now?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.