**catchers**

loduca,brian,estrada,lieberthal,piazza

estrada takes it atlanta 10%

ratlanta 30%

marlins 30%

phillies 20%

mets 10%

wash 00%

that's how the division will finish up flip flopping atlanta and marlins and phillies and mets since the mets has a better rotation than the phillies.

does it make sence?

I suppose this is a good way of looking at it... if you do the same thing for pitching, 1-5, I think it's more solid. However, what this doesn't take into account are the differences between the players. So, while, for example, if we or the Mets got Delgado, then arguable either one of those teams would have the best first baseman (or you could argue that Thome is the best, too). But the differences between Thome and Delgado are marginal, so it's not fair to really give one team all the points for it. I would prefer a system in which a player can earn 1-10 points based on how good they are offensively and defensively, and then add all of them up and then compare the different teams. So, for example, a team that has the second best player in each position could be the best overall team... under your scenario, they would get 0 points, and would thus finish last.

Hey, these were all the rage last year.

Position-by-position comparisons are fine if you're intending to grade a team's defensive abilities (of course then you'd have to give more attention to SS and CF over 3B or RF). However lineups are constructed in ways that it's impossible to compare without looking at the whole sum.

Castillo over Vidro? Ehhhhh. These rankings are pretty much useless anyway, a team could have a few elite players and a bunch of guys that aren't very good and rank like 30% while a team could have a bunch of 2nd tier players and rank 0% with this system. I think you have to rank each position 1-5 and give points for every player. That might even things out a bit more.

Castillo over Vidro? Ehhhhh. These rankings are pretty much useless anyway, a team could have a few elite players and a bunch of guys that aren't very good and rank like 30% while a team could have a bunch of 2nd tier players and rank 0% with this system. I think you have to rank each position 1-5 and give points for every player. That might even things out a bit more.

663130[/snapback]

you are just jelous that we have a better 2b and he kill the mets every year(hits wise) plus he choose to stay here for less money :whistle

663130[/snapback]

you are just jelous that we have a better 2b and he kill the mets every year(hits wise) plus he choose to stay here for less money :whistle

663301[/snapback]

lol very tru, he was very loyal along with mike. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :D

663130[/snapback]

Why? Because its true?!? :mischief2

663130[/snapback]

663301[/snapback]

No, becaue Vidro hits for more power and a higher average. All things equal, if I were starting a team I would pick Jose Vidro over Luis Castillo.

663130[/snapback]

663301[/snapback]

No, becaue Vidro hits for more power and a higher average. All things equal, if I were starting a team I would pick Jose Vidro over Luis Castillo.

663422[/snapback]

i wouldnt. louie is awesome. he can hit,steal,runs the bases awesome,clutch hits,hits for a high average, and can get really hot, anybody remeber? who was it that got 35 straight games wit a hit? vidro? :whistle

663130[/snapback]

663301[/snapback]

663422[/snapback]

i wouldnt. louie is awesome. he can hit,steal,runs the bases awesome,clutch hits,hits for a high average, and can get really hot, anybody remeber? who was it that got 35 straight games wit a hit? vidro? :whistle

663455[/snapback]

Vidro also is a middle of the order hitter who is a consistent run producer. And the man never strikes out. Castillo is a typical slap hitting secondbasemen, there are very few players in MLB history much less currently playing who can give the production Vidro does at second.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.