January 25, 200521 yr Someone is selling a 2003 team signed Marlins jersey and it seems to be the real deal but I really don't know. I looked hard and could easily recognize some of the signatures on the jersey, such as Conine, Dontrelle, Pavano, and some others but just because I can recognize the signatures by no means is reason to believe the signatures on the jersey are authentic or not. It's $300. Here is a picture of it, should I buy it? Lemme know what you guys think...
January 25, 200521 yr too pricy.If is for collection go for it,if u planning to wear it dont buy it since is has too many signs
January 25, 200521 yr I wouldn't drop the cash on it because it's a replica jersey, not an authentic one, and replica stuff doesn't hold value as much as the authentics do. Especially if you're talking the World Series team, I'd rather get the authentic with the World Series patch on the sleeve. Either way, I counted the sigs (and aside from some seeing unusually faded) I only got 22, that's 3 players short of the regular 25, and the coaches aren't there either. It's up to you, but aside from Pudge, no one's autograph on that team is too hard to come by or extremely expensive at the moment...
January 25, 200521 yr Author I wouldn't drop the cash on it because it's a replica jersey, not an authentic one, and replica stuff doesn't hold value as much as the authentics do. Especially if you're talking the World Series team, I'd rather get the authentic with the World Series patch on the sleeve. Either way, I counted the sigs (and aside from some seeing unusually faded) I only got 22, that's 3 players short of the regular 25, and the coaches aren't there either. It's up to you, but aside from Pudge, no one's autograph on that team is too hard to come by or extremely expensive at the moment... 666460[/snapback] It has 24 signatures on it in total with one of them being Jack's and that's really the only non-player that really matters anyways. Pudge, Derek Lee, Urbina, Pavano, Penny, and others would be next to impossible to get now. While none of the signatures are expensive, it would be incredibly time consuming and probably take a year to get all the signatures on it again. For guys like Pudge, D-Lee and whatnot i'd have to find autograph signings in other parts of the country and then send it in, just a huge hassle. I always go for the more expensive authentic jerseys and whatnot rather than replicas (just droped $650 on a Gretzky auto'd jersey last month), but baseball is different than all the other sports because the differeces between replica and authentic jerseys aren't night and day like with NBA jerseys, but still i'd prefer an authentic one but it's just not available. The guy has had almost 40 negative feedbacks on eBay in the past 6 months so I think i'm most likely going to stay away from this, but I asked the guy to send me better closeup pictures of the jersey, when I get them i'll post them here.
January 25, 200521 yr nobody in their right mind would wear a signed jersey unless it was Matt Perisho's signature.... then you could wear that one in the middle of a hurricane. I know that the official jerseys have the MLB logo on the back of the neck.... are the authentic ones made by Riddel?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.