Schuerholtz looking to sign long-term with Husdon

flasportsfan88

Tim Hudson - S - Braves

Tim Hudson, who is eligible for free agency after the season, is sticking to a March 1 deadline for having a contract extension worked out.

Braves GM John Schuerholz said the deadline isn't a problem because, ''It shouldn't take any more time than that to either decide we can or can't [re-sign him].'' Hudson figures to be able to command at least $13 million-$14 million per year as a free agent, so four years and $48 million is probably the least Atlanta can offer and still have a shot at signing him. For what it's worth, Chipper Jones said yesterday that he'd be willing to defer money to help the team out. Feb. 3 - 5:30 am et

:pullhair

Guest Moneyball

I hope he hits the FA market, because if he does there's an excellent chance he'll end up a Mets with his ties to Rick Peterson.

676410[/snapback]

That's what you said about Delgado and Beltran. :mischief

I hope he hits the FA market, because if he does there's an excellent chance he'll end up a Mets with his ties to Rick Peterson.

676410[/snapback]

That's what you said about Delgado and Beltran. :mischief

676422[/snapback]

The Mets were serious contenders for Delgado, I'd say they had an excellent chance to sign him, it just didn't work out. Hudson and Peterson have a very close bond, one that could draw him to Shea.

676410[/snapback]

Anyone that goes on the FA market will be targeted by the Mets.

Its the nature of the beast

676438[/snapback]

Exactly.

That said, I'm sure he remains a Brave.

676410[/snapback]

LOL...there is an excellent chance he'd go to the Mets because they are a team that overspends and doesn't know market value when it stares it straight in the face.