UNC at DUKE

Mabdul Doobakus

Now that we've all had about 24 hours to digest all the Super Bowl coverage, it's time to get on with our lives and move on to something more important.

48 hours til game time. How do you folks see this one playing out?

I don't doubt that UNC has more overall talent and depth, but Cameron is Cameron, and I still see this as Duke's game to win. We've won like 20 of the last 24 of these, too. I don't know the exact numbers, but they're definitely surprising.

Anyway, I expect a close game and I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams hit 85-90 points. We all know UNC can score. I don't really see UNC as having an answer for Shelden, and no one can shut down Redick. Daniel Ewing kind of needs to get his s*** together for this one.

I'm gonna call an 83-79 score in Duke's favor.

nobody to shut down shelden?

hello Sean May

679819[/snapback]

I know Sean May exists. I think Sean May is more of a theory than a basketball player. In theory, he's UNC's big threat down low, but in practice, whenever I watch him play, he's kind of just a goof. I don't think Shelden fears Sean May. I'm impressed with guys like Felton and McCants, and Marvin Williams flat out scares me, but Sean May?...meh.

*cough* Cameron Indoor *Cough*

I like what Mabdul says about May...the guy may be getting worse every year...his only points seem to come on uncontested dunks that he gets when one of UNC's players is double teamed. He is basically a blob now...no one has stopped Shelden all year, why should it start with May?

Im fearful of two things in this game...Raymond Felton and fouls.

These two go hand in hand because if Sean Dockery is not on the floor, then Felton is going to have his way with us and run the show. Dock is the only guy on our team that can keep up with Felton...he has to play smart and not get the dumb fouls.

Randolph is going to have to stay in there as long as he can to defend against both Williams'.

We need to get off to a fast start as well to keep the crowd into it and so we dont have to play keep up like we did against Wake Forest.

Duke has alot more to prove in this game mentally and they are at home.

Duke 77

UNC 73

I think this article is a load of junk, mostly just unconfirmed accusations and attempts to blame Coach K for the actions of other people. But UNC fans seem to love it, so I present this link for your consideration.

10 Questions For Coach K

The article is stirring up a lot of s***. I don't think Coach K is perfect or anything, but this article does a pretty lousy job of examining his shortcomings.

Also, keep in mind that this column is SUPPOSED to be a humor column, something funny to read on Monday morning. So, maybe the author was trying to be funny, but it sure seems mean-spirited.

Anyway, just a little something to get people's UNC-Duke juices flowing...mmm, juice...

That article is pretty bad...

1) Uh the 2002 Team was supposed to be bad...the best player on that team was Dahntay Jones and had 6 freshmen on it...

2) His career isnt done yet.

3) See: Grant Hill, Carlos Boozer, and Danny Ferry.

No. 4 states that Chris Duhon squandered his NBA talent because of "drinking"....does he not start for a playoff NBA team? And btw, Reggie Love never had NFL talent.

5 states Coach K doesnt have common human decency...dumb.

7 is kindof funny

8) Laettner was picked because he was the top college player that year and was a member of the national championship team and was a senior. Thats why he was picked. Not that much beacuse of K.

9) Carlos Boozer never tricked anyone. What is worse - A blind man tricking one of his players into believing he wasnt worth what he was?

Meh, gay.

I don't find the spread that shocking. I would've figured the game for even, or UNC like 0.5 point favorite. But whatever.

UNC plays an impressive brand of basketball. When they're on, or playing inferior competition, they look unbeatable. They're like the St Louis Rams (circa 2000) of NCAA basketball. They catch people's attetion more than a gut-it-out team like Duke, who will probably never look unbeatable. To extend the NFL comparison, Duke is more like the gut-it-out Titans and the gut-it-out Patriots that STL met in the Super Bowl. STL came within a yard of going 0-2 in those games, which goes to show that flash doesn't always get it done.

it doesnt get any better than this

carolina is better and deeper than the dookies and showed last year they dont fear playing at cameron, playing a very close and competitive game. now duke has lost talent and carolinas gotten much better

UNC by 5-10 points

680456[/snapback]

Last 16:

Duke 14-2 VS. UNC

carolina is better and deeper than the dookies and showed last year they dont fear playing at cameron, playing a very close and competitive game. now duke has lost talent and carolinas gotten much better

UNC by 5-10 points

680456[/snapback]

Last 16:

Duke 14-2 VS. UNC

680568[/snapback]

and that has SOOOO much impact on tomorrow night

all i said was this core group of unc players played a close game at cameron last year, which is true

UNC by 5-10 points

680456[/snapback]

Last 16:

Duke 14-2 VS. UNC

680568[/snapback]

all i said was this core group of unc players played a close game at cameron last year, which is true

680621[/snapback]

Just thought Id post it.

It has just as much to do with this game as the sig in your quote does.... :mischief

UNC by 5-10 points

680456[/snapback]

Last 16:

Duke 14-2 VS. UNC

680568[/snapback]

680621[/snapback]

Just thought Id post it.

It has just as much to do with this game as the sig in your quote does.... :mischief

680636[/snapback]

yknow passion, doctor's are making great progress in treating dyslexia

UNC by 5-10 points

680456[/snapback]

Last 16:

Duke 14-2 VS. UNC

680568[/snapback]

680621[/snapback]

Just thought Id post it.

680636[/snapback]

yknow passion, doctor's are making great progress in treating dyslexia

680655[/snapback]

Coming out party? Unless he's coming out as Gaye, then I think you're a little late on this one. That beast is out. IMO, he's already the best player on the Tar Heels. I agree with you, though, that he could be the factor that pushes UNC over the top.

If I'm a UNC fan, I'd be a little worried that Marv is gonna go the Carmelo Anthony/Luol Deng route. NBADraft.net projects him as the #2 pick in 2006, but I think he'd be #2 this year and potentially #1 depending on how he does in March.