College issues

Lefty

I'm a sophomore at FAU right now, and I am completely clueless about when and how I should apply for the Business School. Do I need to talk with my advisor or something, or what?

I know I still have time, because I don't have 60 credits yet, but I never get any information about that stuff and my roomate/friends are idiots.

Have you declared a major yet? At FAU you don't have to formally apply to the business school. Go to the business advisor, it was in fleming hall when I went 2 years ago. Once you're a junior and completed the business prerequistes (the accounting prinples and economics classes) that's it.

694869[/snapback]

Ya, Flemming is still there, but they've created a new Business School next to it, and they added another wing between that building and the new one.

I'm completing my economics courses now, and I'm taking Principles of Accounting right now. The only prerequisite I have left is the Principles of Accounting 2 next semester

Have you declared a major yet? At FAU you don't have to formally apply to the business school. Go to the business advisor, it was in fleming hall when I went 2 years ago. Once you're a junior and completed the business prerequistes (the accounting prinples and economics classes) that's it.

694869[/snapback]

Ya, Flemming is still there, but they've created a new Business School next to it, and they added another wing between that building and the new one.

I'm completing my economics courses now, and I'm taking Principles of Accounting right now. The only prerequisite I have left is the Principles of Accounting 2 next semester

694877[/snapback]

What major are you? Man, I'm an accounting major and I long for the simplistic days of Principles 1 and 2. I can't believe anyone thought those classes are hard. Naturally, I aced both ;) When you're not a junior and have declared a buiness major, they list on you on your transcript with something like "unbus", i forget exactly what it was. Once you get 60 credits, it changes. If you want an early start on the business core, there's a couple classes they let you take as a sophomore. I took writing for management and money and banking.

A new business school, lordy lordy. Well they needed it. Fleming is gross. I haven't been to Boca in years but I actually should go today to pick up some certificate. Gross. DAVIE FOREVER.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.