Braves Opening Series

No impressive credentials coming out of Marlins ST and the Braves pitching is formidable, maybe even intimidating.

Beckett has to do his best Beckett.

Leiter has to last five innings.

Burnett has to effectively measure his pitch count to last seven innings.

Bottom-Line: The sticks have to start working. We know they're there but they have been dormant. Pitching will keep us in the Brave series games but we need some crushing sticks to get it over to AA and Mota.

IMO, games will turn on our Relievers. And that's not comfortable this coming week.

But, the adrenalin of the first week can bring out the power.

JP will not be "ready." But, his presence will make a difference.

Our presence in the Stadium will also make a difference.

Nice post Chin High.

Beckett came to ST ready to go and had an outstanding performance. Clearly McKeon made the correct choice to have him start opening day.

Leiter is struggling with control, and is trying too hard to nibble around the strike zone. Jack needs to sit down with him and convince him to trust the defense behind him.

AJ has yet to be able to get his breaking pitches over the plate with any consistency. That leaves his fast ball very predicatable. He's bringing good heat, but any major leaguer can hit it if they know it's coming. That was the story yesterday.

I agree that JP may not be in top form, but still could be enough of a nuisance to make a difference.

Cabrera has been steady and Delgado has come around this past week. Surprisingly, Encarnacion and Gonzalez have shown unusual patience at the plate and had solid springs. They could end up making the difference.

I think its a good test for the Marlins to come and play the Braves first on Opening Day. I mean, this is the team that they are going to try and take their divisional crown away and nothing is going to make a bigger statement to that than to come out and take 2 out of 3 or all 3 games against the Braves.

This is big, one way or another.

I think its a good test for the Marlins to come and play the Braves first on Opening Day. I mean, this is the team that they are going to try and take their divisional crown away and nothing is going to make a bigger statement to that than to come out and take 2 out of 3 or all 3 games against the Braves.

This is big, one way or another.

727566[/snapback]

You know the Braves are coming to town ready to defend their title. It would be great to win the series, but not the end of the world if we don't. It's a long season, and given our ST performance, I'm not expecting us to be as hot out of the gate as we were last year.....but you never know. ST is ST.

I'm also a little worried when it comes to our pitching. Yes Beckett has done really well in spring training and SEEMS he will do fine in the season, but like Chin High posted, Leiter and Burnett need to last longer innings. I haven't seen much about Dontrelle. I only went to 3 spring training games this year and never got to see him pitch. How is he doing???

I'm also a little worried when it comes to our pitching. Yes Beckett has done really well in spring training and SEEMS he will do fine in the season, but like Chin High posted, Leiter and Burnett need to last longer innings. I haven't seen much about Dontrelle. I only went to 3 spring training games this year and never got to see him pitch. How is he doing???

727596[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I belive he got rocked in his 1st and last starts but was superb in all of his other's.