7/11

Bradcore

Seriously. Why is it called 7/11? Was it originally 7 days a week, 11 hours a day? I don't know. Why?

812530[/snapback]

You got it!

The name 7-Eleven (Originally 7-to-11) was adopted because of their business hours at the time, 7 a.m to 11 p.m, of course they're all open 24/7 now.

BTW: 7-Eleven Inc. is the world's largest operator, franchisor and licensor of convenience stores with more than 21,000 units worldwide and is one of the nation's largest independent gasoline retailers. Its corporate name was changed from The Southland Corporation to 7-Eleven Inc., after approval by shareholders on April 28, 1999.

Have you guys ever wondered why 7/11 stores have locks on them if they're open 24/7?

812570[/snapback]

Hurricanes???

I really don't know though.

812575[/snapback]

I believe it's to comply with Government Health, Safety and Fire Regulations...

One of the standards set for convenience stores is that the doors must be able to be locked...

Have you guys ever wondered why 7/11 stores have locks on them if they're open 24/7?

812570[/snapback]

Hurricanes???

812575[/snapback]

One of the standards set for convenience stores is that the doors must be able to be locked...

812603[/snapback]

How about the fact that convenience stores, along with gas stations, have the most robberies committed in them. Or would that be too simple an answer for you?

812570[/snapback]

Hurricanes???

812575[/snapback]

812603[/snapback]

How about the fact that convenience stores, along with gas stations, have the most robberies committed in them. Or would that be too simple an answer for you?

812616[/snapback]

That's a good explanation. You could also say that it's because of Remembrance Day(Nov. 11th) where the store is required to be closed for atleast 3 hours.

812570[/snapback]

Hurricanes???

812575[/snapback]

812603[/snapback]

812616[/snapback]

That's a good explanation. You could also say that it's because of Remembrance Day(Nov. 11th) where the store is required to be closed for atleast 3 hours.

812633[/snapback]

Why would one day of the year apply to the other 364. Brilliant. :banghead

812570[/snapback]

Hurricanes???

812575[/snapback]

812603[/snapback]

812616[/snapback]

812633[/snapback]

Why would one day of the year apply to the other 364. Brilliant. :banghead

812637[/snapback]

That's one of the reasons I guess....they have to have a lock for atleast that day.

And the main explanation for it is probably what I said before--to comply with Gov't, Health, Safety, and Fire Regulations. Robberies are part of the Safety part--so that they could lock the robber in the store until the police come.

yea, and why would it be THAT day???? not even a major holiday

812640[/snapback]

Because it's a day where all business', open and closed ones, have a day off. So since 7/11 is open 24/7, they just take 3 hours off, instead of the whole day.

It's to give honor to all the people who risked their lives at way during that time, and they started this in 1931.