Stat of the Night

MrAndMrsFish

If the Marlins score holds up vs. the Braves tonight....The Fish will fall to 2-22 in games where they have scored 2 runs or less ....both of those wins were by D-Train...2-1 over Phillies and Rockies

:thumbdown

And it might not be a great stat, but it shows that this offense that is suppose to be going through the roof.....is doing nothing but SUCKING A!!

First, if it's where they've scored less than 2 runs then we can't win 2-1. So you made a mistake. It's probably 2 runs or less.

Secondly, DUH. Of corase were not going to win a lot of games when we score 2 runs or less. Every team has a bad record when we score 2 runs or less.

I know stats, and THAT is not a good stat, sorry.

There is no doubt that Marlins is making a good point...but I made that point to show that this offense as good as it should be should not have scored only 2 or less runs in 24 games this season out of 68 (I think)

821567[/snapback]

Well, you are right on there.

The Braves announcers made a good point tonight. The Marlins are considered to have among the best hitting players for each position, yet they fail to perform.

821583[/snapback]

Again, they're not maximizing their abilities. That's the problem.

If the Marlins score holds up vs. the Braves tonight....The Fish will fall to 2-22 in games where they have scored 2 runs or less ....both of those wins were by D-Train...2-1 over Phillies and Rockies

:thumbdown

And it might not be a great stat, but it shows that this offense that is suppose to be going through the roof.....is doing nothing but SUCKING A!!

821522[/snapback]

It's a great stat that I usually follow. I even expand it to 3 runs or less because it's very hard to win scoring 3 runs. The average team ERA is around 4.3 or so, so you should lose a lot of those games. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find data about how many times teams across the league score either 2 runs or less or 3 or less. (I wouldn't want to go through every team by hand.) I wonder how 24 out of 68 compares to the rest of the league. (I would guess not to favorably though.)

Actually 25 now. 25 out of 68 games with 2 runs or less.

Shutouts: 6

1 run: 9

2 runs: 10

THIS is the disturbing stat. Not that we're 2-23 in those games. It's that we don't score runs in such a large % of games. That's over a THIRD of your games where you're not even giving yourself a remote chance to win.

If you want to look at it on the bright side, when this team manages to scrap out at least 3 runs, their record is 32-11. :confused