Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stat of the Night

Featured Replies

If the Marlins score holds up vs. the Braves tonight....The Fish will fall to 2-22 in games where they have scored 2 runs or less ....both of those wins were by D-Train...2-1 over Phillies and Rockies

 

 

:thumbdown

 

 

And it might not be a great stat, but it shows that this offense that is suppose to be going through the roof.....is doing nothing but SUCKING A!!

First, if it's where they've scored less than 2 runs then we can't win 2-1. So you made a mistake. It's probably 2 runs or less.

 

Secondly, DUH. Of corase were not going to win a lot of games when we score 2 runs or less. Every team has a bad record when we score 2 runs or less.

 

I know stats, and THAT is not a good stat, sorry.

Marlins makes a good point (for once).

821555[/snapback]

:lol

 

It was a mistake!!! I promise!!!

  • Author

There is no doubt that Marlins is making a good point...but I made that point to show that this offense as good as it should be should not have scored only 2 or less runs in 24 games this season out of 68 (I think)

There is no doubt that Marlins is making a good point...but I made that point to show that this offense as good as it should be should not have scored only 2 or less runs in 24 games this season out of 68 (I think)

821567[/snapback]

Well, you are right on there.

 

The Braves announcers made a good point tonight. The Marlins are considered to have among the best hitting players for each position, yet they fail to perform.

821583[/snapback]

Again, they're not maximizing their abilities. That's the problem.

If the Marlins score holds up vs. the Braves tonight....The Fish will fall to 2-22 in games where they have scored 2 runs or less ....both of those wins were by D-Train...2-1 over Phillies and Rockies

 

 

:thumbdown

 

 

And it might not be a great stat, but it shows that this offense that is suppose to be going through the roof.....is doing nothing but SUCKING A!!

821522[/snapback]

 

It's a great stat that I usually follow. I even expand it to 3 runs or less because it's very hard to win scoring 3 runs. The average team ERA is around 4.3 or so, so you should lose a lot of those games. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find data about how many times teams across the league score either 2 runs or less or 3 or less. (I wouldn't want to go through every team by hand.) I wonder how 24 out of 68 compares to the rest of the league. (I would guess not to favorably though.)

We have scored 3 runs or less in 28 games (40%) and have only won 2 of those games....again both were Dontrelle's wins.

Actually 25 now. 25 out of 68 games with 2 runs or less.

 

Shutouts: 6

1 run: 9

2 runs: 10

 

THIS is the disturbing stat. Not that we're 2-23 in those games. It's that we don't score runs in such a large % of games. That's over a THIRD of your games where you're not even giving yourself a remote chance to win.

 

 

If you want to look at it on the bright side, when this team manages to scrap out at least 3 runs, their record is 32-11. :confused

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.