No More Excuses...

And THIS is why we have to win close games like the one we had yesterday. Everyone keeps defending our team and babying them with excuses about "after the break" and "when the offense wakes up" and so on. Even I am guilty of this. But seriously, the combination of "close game" losses with the games where we get our butts handed to us are going to destroy us. So let's all quit making excuses for our players and our team and find a way to fix this season.

PS - The Nats are NOT doing as well as they are because of luck.

PS - The Nats are NOT doing as well as they are because of luck.

841040[/snapback]

stats say otherwise

841045[/snapback]

The only stat that matters is (50-32)... their record.

841067[/snapback]

as of right now, sure...

but the other numbers say they are very very lucky

People were so amazed with the stat where the Nats allowed more runs than scored. Its not that big of a deal. For example, if you are in a 3 game series, and you win the first game 1-0, win the second game 2-0, and lost the third game 0-15, your still going to have a 2 and 1 record in that series even though you were outscored by 12. The Nats are somewhat lucky, but they got heart and step up in close games unlike the Marlins.

People were so amazed with the stat where the Nats allowed more runs than scored. Its not that big of a deal. For example, if you are in a 3 game series, and you win the first game 1-0, win the second game 2-0, and lost the third game 0-15, your still going to have a 2 and 1 record in that series even though you were outscored by 12. The Nats are somewhat lucky, but they got heart and step up in close games unlike the Marlins.

841090[/snapback]

Finally, someone not in denial!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

841090[/snapback]

lol... anyway, they are also just an average away team

they gotta turn things around if they want to keep winning... if that makes sense

How is it a team can be "lucky" for almost half of an entire season???? A little lucky yes, but lets give this team some credit here. I mean if winning close games means you are lucky, than does that mean the 2003 team was "lucky" in winning the World Series since they were 5-1 in one run post season games??? I didn't consider that team lucky.

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to just sit here the whole season saying that things will get turned around and that we are a better team on paper and that the Nats will start losing and that our team is just in a slump and.... the list goes on and on. Enough of the excuses.

Pretend for a minute that the Nats keep winning and that we keep having a mediocre season... what changes need to be made?

It is certainly possible to play with a lot of heart and come up short.? Some of you need to realize this.

841128[/snapback]

Key base hits with RISP and close game saves will always win you games.

841137[/snapback]

The best teams, who know the teams that tend to win over the course of a full seasona dn win pennants, make it so it never comes to that.

It is certainly possible to play with a lot of heart and come up short.? Some of you need to realize this.

841128[/snapback]

Key base hits with RISP and close game saves will always win you games.

841137[/snapback]

As I said, you can have the heart to bring that run in, but it won't always happen.

841146[/snapback]

I agree thats why I think the Nationals are more than just "Lucky"

Pretend for a minute that the Nats keep winning and that we keep having a mediocre season... what changes need to be made?

841122[/snapback]

put Willingham in the lineup somehow.... thats all I ask!

841189[/snapback]

I think we are all asking for that.

841197[/snapback]

I think its almost too late to do that now. I mean Willingham was in such a great momentum with how he was hitting the ball, but i would assume it would be hard for Josh to play at the level where he was at when he came to the team because he has been on the bench and really hasn't seen any action in about a week.

841122[/snapback]

put Willingham in the lineup somehow.... thats all I ask!

841189[/snapback]

I think we are all asking for that.

841197[/snapback]

I think its almost too late to do that now. I mean Willingham was in such a great momentum with how he was hitting the ball, but i would assume it would be hard for Josh to play at the level where he was at when he came to the team because he has been on the bench and really hasn't seen any action in about a week.

841216[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but you are most likely right. We really did kill his momentum by bringing him up to keep our bench warm.