Away Announcers

Come on Len, I thought you were still at least a little loyal to the Marlins.

847488[/snapback]

Why should he be? Cubs cut the checks :mischief

847492[/snapback]

Bob Brenly made the statement not Kasper

847502[/snapback]

I would be very surprised to hear Len dis the Marlins like that. Sure his loyalty lies with the Cubs now, but he just doesn't seem the type to make that kind of comment.

Now Brenly...that's another story.

(first of all I would like to say that I am drunk and I am sorry for the rant) They just lost 8 in a row and we almost came back on this one. The rain stopped our momentum. They are just jealous and envious. Len Kasper is making more money as a Cub broacaster but I think he does miss being with the FISH. He didn't have half the pressure in South Florida. I can't imagine how much hate mail he must get every day. Chicago is a sorry town with a sorry national league team. We are a winning team and have a great beginner tradition. Yeah we had some bad years (98, 99) but what other team with a 11 year history has TWO World Series Title? Look at the Rockies, they were founded the same year we were. They barely have a winning season. In either case it REALLY cheered me up to see 14 thousand young kids at a Marlins game yesterday. If you are a little older as I am you know South Florida was mainly a Braves town before the Marlins were founded. I was a huge Braves fan and still think that game 7 of the 1991 World Series was the best game ever pitched by both teams. But now I hate the Braves and love the Marlins. Those kids are going to make GREAT fans. I might be dreaming but I see a day in the future where every Marlins game is sold out (in a new stadium) and people are crazy about us. I love this team and I believe that other teams, specially the Cubs who haven't won anything in how many years, are just jealous. Their whole organizations doesn't like us. We have Andre Dawson in our front office and he is one of the best players the Cubs have ever had. He was like a franchise player for them for 6 seasons. Chicago was proud of him yet he works for us. My point is don't get caught up in anything these losers talk about because in the end we have something they don't. A WORLD SERIES TITLE (2 of them actually) plus who did we knock off the playoffs in 2003? Yeah, ok.

847601[/snapback]

Nice rant.

Could you please pass whatever it is your drinking. :drunks

(first of all I would like to say that I am drunk and I am sorry for the rant) They just lost 8 in a row and we almost came back on this one. The rain stopped our momentum. They are just jealous and envious. Len Kasper is making more money as a Cub broacaster but I think he does miss being with the FISH. He didn't have half the pressure in South Florida. I can't imagine how much hate mail he must get every day. Chicago is a sorry town with a sorry national league team. We are a winning team and have a great beginner tradition. Yeah we had some bad years (98, 99) but what other team with a 11 year history has TWO World Series Title? Look at the Rockies, they were founded the same year we were. They barely have a winning season. In either case it REALLY cheered me up to see 14 thousand young kids at a Marlins game yesterday. If you are a little older as I am you know South Florida was mainly a Braves town before the Marlins were founded. I was a huge Braves fan and still think that game 7 of the 1991 World Series was the best game ever pitched by both teams. But now I hate the Braves and love the Marlins. Those kids are going to make GREAT fans. I might be dreaming but I see a day in the future where every Marlins game is sold out (in a new stadium) and people are crazy about us. I love this team and I believe that other teams, specially the Cubs who haven't won anything in how many years, are just jealous. Their whole organizations doesn't like us. We have Andre Dawson in our front office and he is one of the best players the Cubs have ever had. He was like a franchise player for them for 6 seasons. Chicago was proud of him yet he works for us. My point is don't get caught up in anything these losers talk about because in the end we have something they don't. A WORLD SERIES TITLE (2 of them actually) plus who did we knock off the playoffs in 2003? Yeah, ok.

847601[/snapback]

Nice rant.

Could you please pass whatever it is your drinking. :drunks

847624[/snapback]

As a guy going on 8 years of sobriety, I couldn't of said it better straight! :notworthy

You can see the envy on the faces of the Cubs fans every time you see them in our stadium.