Whats the deal with day games

I know this might sound like a dumb question, but why does the Front Office of the Marlins even bother with having day games?? I can almost guarantee you that probably 8 of 10 games where we have had our worst attendance have come during day games. True Florida Marlins fans are already hard to fine, why make the situation worse with having to sit through a ball game when it is 100 degrees out, humid, no wind, and incredibly sunny. Great beach weather, but hard to watch a game in. I can see having day games during the holidays like on July 4th, but to me the Marlins would see that they could easily get their yearly attendance figures up if they were to cut in half the normal amount of day games they use. Im sure its even harder for the players who have to play in the sunny, hot weather. All the more reason why we need a new stadium. No worries of hot days (if we get a retractable roof) and no rain delays.

Travel reasons. The players have ridiculous schedules. Getting into your hotel room in a city like Boston or Philly at 3am is ghey.

Day games in places like Miami are always the last game of the series.

If they played at 7... the game ends at 10ish... get into the bus at like 1045... at the aiport at 1115... land in the next city at 2ish... airport at 3... gotta be at the ballpark in 12 hours. That's awful.

Travel reasons. The players have ridiculous schedules. Getting into your hotel room in a city like Boston or Philly at 3am is ghey.

Day games in places like Miami are always the last game of the series.

If they played at 7... the game ends at 10ish... get into the bus at like 1045... at the aiport at 1115... land in the next city at 2ish... airport at 3... gotta be at the ballpark in 12 hours. That's awful.

847978[/snapback]

Yeah but about when the Marlins have a weekend series and have a 7:05 game time on Friday, but then have a 1:05 start on Saturday and a 6:05 start on Sunday?? No travel reasons there......

I know this might sound like a dumb question, but why does the Front Office of the Marlins even bother with having day games?? I can almost guarantee you that probably 8 of 10 games where we have had our worst attendance have come during day games. True Florida Marlins fans are already hard to fine, why make the situation worse with having to sit through a ball game when it is 100 degrees out, humid, no wind, and incredibly sunny. Great beach weather, but hard to watch a game in. I can see having day games during the holidays like on July 4th, but to me the Marlins would see that they could easily get their yearly attendance figures up if they were to cut in half the normal amount of day games they use. Im sure its even harder for the players who have to play in the sunny, hot weather. All the more reason why we need a new stadium. No worries of hot days (if we get a retractable roof) and no rain delays.

847934[/snapback]

It's common knowledge and has been explained before by the team itself.It's to try and beat the rain and avoid delays and rainouts...bar none.No other explanation :) .

The rain in S.Florida usually comes later in the afternoon.That is the reason also for why the start time was moved up from 4pm this season.