What is Penn's value after we get him?

knglover

I am starting to believe that if we get Penn in this trade he won't ever start for the Marlins. I believe he will be traded again in the coming days. With that said, what are the chances of the F.O. dealing him for a hitter. and if so, what would he command in the market. Would it be far-fetched to think that the Marlins could do a Penn for Dunn deal. The reason I am thinking this, is that we are clearing up alot of money for SOMETHING!!!!! Why can't it be for a huge bat in there somewhere, Even Boog is acknowledging that the problem is lack of power in the line-up.

I know the biggest downfall of this would be that we are robbing the pitching staff of arm but honestly we need to compensate for a monumental lack of power in a legimate fifth hitter.

I am looking for opinions on what Penns value is on the market vs. a power hitter.

I am starting to believe that if we get Penn in this trade he won't ever start for the Marlins. I believe he will be traded again in the coming days. With that said, what are the chances of the F.O. dealing him for a hitter. and if so, what would he command in the market. Would it be far-fetched to think that the Marlins could do a Penn for Dunn deal. The reason I am thinking this, is that we are clearing up alot of money for SOMETHING!!!!! Why can't it be for a huge bat in there somewhere, Even Boog is acknowledging that the problem is lack of power in the line-up.

I know the biggest downfall of this would be that we are robbing the pitching staff of arm but honestly we need to compensate for a monumental lack of power in a legimate fifth hitter.

I am looking for opinions on what Penns value is on the market vs. a power hitter.

861863[/snapback]

I'm looking for names as sugestions

There's not as big of a need for a huge bat once we get Mikey outta here. Jeff Conine would take over in LF... the new lineup would be:

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Delgado

4. Cabrera

5. Encarnacion

6. Lo Duca

7. Conine

8. Sea Bass

Conine will bat about 70-80 points higher than Lowell and would do a better job of driving guys in. I think with this lineup we can score more runs than we have been. In addition, it's possible that Cabrera would do even better at the plate after moving back 3B.

There's not as big of a need for a huge bat once we get Mikey outta here. Jeff Conine would take over in LF... the new lineup would be:

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Delgado

4. Cabrera

5. Encarnacion

6. Lo Duca

7. Conine

8. Sea Bass

Conine will bat about 70-80 points higher than Lowell and would do a better job of driving guys in. I think with this lineup we can score more runs than we have been. In addition, it's possible that Cabrera would do even better at the plate after moving back 3B.

861897[/snapback]

says who?

Im not saying he wont, but it's not a fact he will

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Delgado

4. Cabrera

5. Encarnacion

6. Lo Duca

7. Conine

8. Sea Bass

861897[/snapback]

But you fail to answer my question:

What power bat could we aquire in a straight up trade involving Penn

I am just not that knowledgable about trades involving pitchers vs. hitters and I would like a little bit of a pointer.

Its ok if someone doesnt know either, just dont respond with something that gets us off topic please.

There's not as big of a need for a huge bat once we get Mikey outta here.? Jeff Conine would take over in LF... the new lineup would be:

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Delgado

4. Cabrera

5. Encarnacion

6. Lo Duca

7. Conine

8. Sea Bass

Conine will bat about 70-80 points higher than Lowell and would do a better job of driving guys in.? I think with this lineup we can score more runs than we have been.? In addition, it's possible that Cabrera would do even better at the plate after moving back 3B.

861897[/snapback]

But you fail to answer my question:

What power bat could we aquire in a straight up trade involving Penn

I am just not that knowledgable about trades involving pitchers vs. hitters and I would like a little bit of a pointer.

Its ok if someone doesnt know either, just dont respond with something that gets us off topic please.

861911[/snapback]

Penn will be dealt for a pitcher, our offense is set. Debate the competence of this decision, but it will be shocking to me if we come away with a bat.