RAW 8/9

geemoney

The first segment was fine; I'm continually amazed at Nick Dinsmore's performance as Eugene. I hope the announcement for the match at SS doesn't mean we won't get a Eugene Invitational Next Week. Sean, who came over after this segment, suggested an angle where Kurt gets addicted to crack and Eugene helps him overcome his habit. Everybody wins!....I just don't understand Shelton jobbing clean to Masters. Of course, I'm one that hates the heel always getting the tainted victory, so I should be happy this ended with a (relatively) clean finish. But I'm not....

The Edge promo was kind of creepy. It also appears someone read Wade Keller's "end notes" in the Torch this past week....Vis/Conway I could've done without. My friend Sean, on Viscera's knee injury: "I hope he's really hurt." Sean also said Conway's gimmick was lamer than "I screwed her brains out!"....At this point, we thought it would be a good idea for the Rock to come out every segment and say how terrible everyone in it is. Because it would be true....The six-person tag match shows just what a joke the Tag Division is....Bischoff lambasting Patton on the Highlight Reel reminded me of him firing Randy Anderson in WCW. I was just hoping Patton would come back with his kids next week, and Bisch would say, "tell your daddy he's still fired"....Good to see Jericho stays unbeaten against referees....

When Grisham caught up to Bischoff backstage, he should've said, "Goldust is outside the building with a bomb strapped to him; he's demanding to speak to Booker T." I swear, if I'm rich some day, I'm gonna give Sean a bunch of money to just write hilarious stuff and put it on TV....I could see all 3 DivaSearch finalists getting hired. And I don't think I'd complain TOO loudly. Sean said Nicole Bass should've come out and beat up the divas. Also, we thought Vince should pay a diva loser to kick people in the nuts, and show Vince laughing nearby....Hardy/Snitsky was fine, and I liked the Edge run-in. I told Sean how Matt being introduced by Vince last week and shaking his hand wasn't very anti-establishment. He suggested that Matt announced he had dog doo on his hand on the shake. DOG DOO=RATINGS....The ME interview was fine, and actually gives me hope for the SS match between the two.

I'm oddly finding myself liking The Conman.

Before I'm beaten, I like him because like say The Repo Man. The Gimmick is horrible and a joke but it was done so over the top that it was hilarious. This is how I see the conman, the theme music, the line, the outfit. It's so ridiculous that I can't help but be a fan.

I'm oddly finding myself liking The Conman.

Before I'm beaten, I like him because like say The Repo Man. The Gimmick is horrible and a joke but it was done so over the top that it was hilarious. This is how I see the conman, the theme music, the line, the outfit. It's so ridiculous that I can't help but be a fan.

895655[/snapback]

But what IS his gimmick? Is he a womanizer? Is he a conman? Is he gay? Is he a member of the Village People? What does doing things the "Con-Way" really mean? I really can't tell.

I think Conway will be big someday....but this gimmick, I don't know. I thought it would be like the Repo Man when I first heard about his catchphrase.

"I saw your promo last week, Matt, and I think it was pathetic! It was absolutely pathetic and after all the months of dragging our names though the mud, our personal lives out there for everyone to see and that's all you can muster up from your stomach, from your guts?! Well, my hands are shaking and it's from hate. Its from real emotion, Matt. This! This is passion! This is intensity. This is real! This is why Lita left your for me. You said last week that you wanted me to get in a car accident. For me, it's the opposite. I want you being nice and safe, Matt. You get in the car and strap that seatbelt in tight. Because at Summerslam, I'm gonna prove that you don't measure up as a man to me in, in, in any way. In any way. You whined and complained and you bitched and moaned last week saying Lita was the girl of your dreams. You wanted to marry her. Matt, you were with her for six years but you never proposed. So let me fill in the blanks here. I figured it out. You see, no one comes before Matt Hardy and his wrestling legacy. I've heard you say it! Nothing comes before V1. That being said, Matt, you should thank me. That sounds strange, but you should thank me. You've never gotten reactions like this before in your career. You're in the main event picture now and why? Why? Because you're riding my coattails in. Yeah. You see while you were defending the Cruiserweight Championship, running around with your little MFers, me? I was fighting Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Triple H, Shawn Michaels - I earned my main event stripes! I deserve to be where I am. And why are you here? Because your girlfriend fell in love with a main eventer. So Matt Hardy, the main event spotlight is shining on you. Your 15 minutes in the spotlight is shining and I know it feels good. But we're 13 minutes into it and time is slowly ticking away and at Summerslam, Matt, I end it. And I know that cuts close to the bone, I know it does, and I know it hurts. The truth usually does."

Edge did 3 things with this promo.

Saved this storyline, saved Matt Hardy (for now), and probably won himself a future world title in the process.

After Matt's nonsense last week, Edge saved it with easily, easily the best promo of his career.

And most of it is true, actually. :plain

Conman is a cocky dood. What else is there? I mean, you can't nail down Rock's gimmick in five words. Yeah, it's dumb, but as has been said before, it's so over the top as to make it ridiculous.

Show was bad. I'd like more wrestling in my wrestling show, please? Is that too much to ask? And get rid of that Diva crap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.