August 17, 200521 yr I know they got rid of Rosenthal because he didn't communicate with the pitchers or something but I don't care for Wiley too much. I know Mckeon makes the decisions on when to take out a pitcher but it seems like we always take the pitcher out at the wrong time or something. Villone was in and gave a walk/soft base hit and they don't allow him to try and get out of it and then they put all the pressure on Mota to get out of the jam. Mota has had his ok moments this year but it's almost like they want him to screw up. He had no leeway when he came in. I say let Villone work his way out and give him some confidence. Mckeon expects the relievers to bail out of impossible jams too much when the offense should have bailed him much earlier. Also: Why didn't he just yank Luis when it's obvious he was hobbling and Easley is a fine offensive backup. I know Luis is a gamer and have always loved him but he has been playing hurt for like 2 months. He obviously tweaked his hip or something. Does JM not see that crap? WTF...I am drunk...
August 17, 200521 yr Re: Wiley and his bullpen management. Maybe it's a small sample size, but for the couple games Jack was not managing and Wiley had full control (of the pitchers), it was a thing of beauty. It was like how the Reds' bullpen was managed when Jack was with them. You're absolutly right about the impossible situations thing. Look at some of the pinch-hitting substitutions, you might see a similar trend.
August 17, 200521 yr Impossible is for only the weak-minded individuals.. Life is about making the most out of your opportunities.
August 17, 200521 yr Impossible is for only the weak-minded individuals.. Life is about making the most out of your opportunities. 904889[/snapback] Do you work for Adidas?
August 17, 200521 yr it surely seems as if it LIFE to a lot of people. 904915[/snapback] It's only life for the players and a lot of people on this board. I too don't like Wiley too much but then again the pitchers have been doing a hell of a job as of lately. I blame todays loss at the hitters completely. How many did we leave on base tonight? I think there were some key moments that we let passed by and we really cant let that happen if we want to make it to the playoffs. We are only gonna beat San Diego if we score early while the starting pitcher is still in. Their bullpen seems unhittable except for that Onko guy in the 8th.
August 17, 200521 yr I'm not sure how you can blame Wiley for ANYTHING when you look at what our pitchers have done this year...
August 17, 200521 yr Impossible is for only the weak-minded individuals.. Life is about making the most out of your opportunities. 904889[/snapback] Do you work for Adidas? 904992[/snapback] :lol
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.