Huizenga and Stronach?

pierremvp1

There's the possibility of Calder Race Course and the land around it coming into play. The key to that is the gambling revenue, and the inclusion of Frank Stronach(owner of Gulfstream Park, and a man with very, very deep pockets) into a possible deal. Gambling revenue is huge, but the silly voters in Dade County nixed the idea of slots in Dade County(Calder). I guess they'd rather see their money go untaxed to the Miccousoukees(another possible player). Anyway, since their can be no slots at Calder, Calder becomes much less attractive. But there can be slots at Gulfstream Park, in Broward County. And Gulfstream is in the midst of a major redevelopment. Perhaps Calder Race Course can hold it's horse meeting at Gulfstream Park, turning Gulfstream into a year long horse meet with slot machines. Calder running it's meet at Gulfstream is allowed by state law by the way. Calder and their owners get to keep the license, the venue just changes. The majority of the horse revenue at Calder(and Gulfstream) comes from the wagering people do their on other race tracks around the country. The live racing part is not that big. So Calder gets bought out and torn down. That's a lot of land right next to JRS. The present owners of Calder cash out and then continue to receive a percentage of the profits from the Calder at Gulfstream meet, and perhaps a share of the slot revenue. Frank Stronach gets his dream of having the only live horse racing facility in South Florida, running year round with slots. Huizenga gets his dream of his sports village, operating year round, now with even more land. The bottom line is that there is lots of gambling revenue involved. Also 2 very smart owners with very deep pockets and very big dreams(Huizenga and Stronach).

There's no source for my above post, except me. There's also no real source for any of the possibilities mentioned in other posts, unless you consider Joe Rose mentioning something a source. Everything at this point doesn't even reach the level of rumor. Every possible solution is just that, a possibility. My possibility is based on real facts, and real men with real lots of money, and my pretty good knowledge of what's going on economically and politically with the Calder/Gulfstream situation. My post reflects 10% of what I know. There's plenty more details and compelling reasons why this could work for all. We'll see...if it happens, you heard it here first.

Guest Moneyball

I'm sick of people wanting sources.

Lack of "sources" that make the MB.com body happy are keeping a lot of very useful information from being posted. :thumbup

Guest Moneyball

Lack of "sources" that make the MB.com body happy are keeping a lot of very useful information from being posted. :thumbup

But it also discourages people from just making stuff up.

Well it was a well thought idea. Does he need sources for his idea?

But it also discourages people from just making stuff up.

Well it was a well thought idea. Does he need sources for his idea?

No, not for ideas. But you didn't say "sources for ideas," you said "sources," which I took as for information.