December 1, 200520 yr espnnews is reporting that Brian Giles has re-signed with the San Diego Padres...no terms released yet
December 1, 200520 yr Wah? He turned down 5/$55 from Toronto to go back to a ballpark that kills his numbers?
December 1, 200520 yr Shocking considering the ballpark and the rumored 5 year 55M dollar deal the Jays had offered.
December 1, 200520 yr Shocking considering the ballpark and the rumored 5 year 55M dollar deal the Jays had offered. The Canadian income tax rate is like 50 percent, although I am not sure they would tax him since he's an American citizens and wouldn't be a resident-alien.
December 1, 200520 yr The Blue Jays denied the 5 year offer. They said they wouldn't commit to a player like Giles for 5 years... I like this.. I think it's nice to see players like Konerko and Giles re-sign with their hometown teams for less money... Shows loyalty.
December 1, 200520 yr Collusion? I mean, the top players returning to teams to teams who still want their services at rates much less than suggested. Or was everyone wrong about increased revenue from broadcast contracts, MLB subsidiaries and the prospective Nats sale leading to this offseason being one of wreckless spending?
December 1, 200520 yr Author espn.com is saying that it is a 3-year, 30-million deal with the Padres http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2242891
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.