Josh Friedman joins 790

playattheplate

Hello Everyone!

I'm Happy to inform you that former 560 WQAM radio reporter and host, Josh Friedman has now joined 790 The Ticket reporting for all area sports teams and hopefully a fill in host sometime in the future!

Josh is a good friend and is very knowledgeable about baseball and the Marlins! And I have always enjoyed his shows in the past!

Congrats and Best Wishes Josh! :thumbup

And remember to tune in to 790

The Ticket

Guest FlummoxedLummox

What time slot will he get (or is he goin to do behind-the-scenes?)

790 is in desperate need of a replacement for their 7-10 slot. I don't know who does it now, but I know when Defo did it before I left for college in Sept, it was bad...

Kevin Rogers is doing it now. He does a decent enough job. I've never really liked Defo (his whole personality, and especially his voice annoy me), so anybody short of Gilbert Godfrey would be more pleasant to listen to.

790 is in desperate need of a replacement for their 7-10 slot. I don't know who does it now, but I know when Defo did it before I left for college in Sept, it was bad...

Kevin Rogers is doing it now. He does a decent enough job. I've never really liked Defo (his whole personality, and especially his voice annoy me), so anybody short of Gilbert Godfrey would be more pleasant to listen to.

Defo was like the Hammer of 790. He talked a lot about old-folk stuff, gambling etc...And he called Ronnie Brown 'Ron' which pissed me off :)

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Defo was like the Hammer of 790. He talked a lot about old-folk stuff, gambling etc...And he called Ronnie Brown 'Ron' which pissed me off :)

Not to mention the annoying way he would drop yiddish into his conversation. I think you can appreciate how that can be annoying since you used to be Jewbility, as I recall. His tone was always so....derogatory.

Not to mention the annoying way he would drop yiddish into his conversation. I think you can appreciate how that can be annoying since you used to be Jewbility, as I recall. His tone was always so....derogatory.

I agree. He never sounded serious--always babbling and babbling. I usually only listened to parts of Boog and all of Dan, but now that Kevin took over the 7-10, I'm interested to see how that goes. He literally vaulted onto the scene within a few months. First he took Money Mark's 'flash' job, then he did some spot hosting for Dan and Boog...Now he has his own slot. That's awesome for him.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I agree. He never sounded serious--always babbling and babbling. I usually only listened to parts of Boog and all of Dan, but now that Kevin took over the 7-10, I'm interested to see how that goes. He literally vaulted onto the scene within a few months. First he took Money Mark's 'flash' job, then he did some spot hosting for Dan and Boog...Now he has his own slot. That's awesome for him.

Kevin does a good job of keeping his show on topic, and he speaks intelligently on the subjects.

I love 790, the only show I don't listen to is Joe Rose. Otherwise, I listen to every show if I have the opportunity, with Boog and LeBatard being my favorites. I'm very impressed with the type of station they've put together over there in such a short period of time.

If you listen to 560 these days, everything just feels washed up. Hank sounds so lethargic and unenthused, and Jim Mandach just sounds like Harry Carey with marbles in his mouth (as if Harry Carey was intelligible WITHOUT marbles in his mouth). Also, roughly a month ago I was listening to a Panther Game (the game when the Rangers came here and they lost in a shootout), and witnessed the most horrendously produced professional radio program I have ever listened to. Multiple times (at least ten that I heard) the intro music that signalled the return from commercial would play over the broadcast. This was in the middle of the broadcast!!! Steve Goldstein would be doing his play by play and then...BOOM!...intro music starts playing and I couldn't hear a word of what he said. My dad and I missed every pivotal moment of the game. That station has become such a Mickey Mouse operation it's ridiculous.

Cubbie fan gets back on...but has no Marlins credentials.

We know he is a Cubs fan and he never hid that from his listeners. But I always thought he talked intelligently and objectively about the Marlins and on baseball in general.

I hope 790 lets him host talk shows, even if it's only once in awhile.

I love 790, the only show I don't listen to is Joe Rose. Otherwise, I listen to every show if I have the opportunity, with Boog and LeBatard being my favorites. I'm very impressed with the type of station they've put together over there in such a short period of time.

If you listen to 560 these days, everything just feels washed up. Hank sounds so lethargic and unenthused, and Jim Mandach just sounds like Harry Carey with marbles in his mouth (as if Harry Carey was intelligible WITHOUT marbles in his mouth). Also, roughly a month ago I was listening to a Panther Game (the game when the Rangers came here and they lost in a shootout), and witnessed the most horrendously produced professional radio program I have ever listened to. Multiple times (at least ten that I heard) the intro music that signalled the return from commercial would play over the broadcast. This was in the middle of the broadcast!!! Steve Goldstein would be doing his play by play and then...BOOM!...intro music starts playing and I couldn't hear a word of what he said. My dad and I missed every pivotal moment of the game. That station has become such a Mickey Mouse operation it's ridiculous.

couldn't agree more Lummox. The only guys I like on 560 are Ed Kaplan (he's also an old fuddy-duddy, but he'll talk baseball forever if enough people call about it) and Steve Goldstein, who doesn't have a regular slot since he does Panthers play-by-play. But listening to Hank and Mandich and Big O and Bokamper and Howard David is absolutely painful unless you like the Dolphins and nothing else. I don't like the Mark Eisenberg/OJ McDuffie show in the mornings, but I don't think it'll last long anyway.