Ray King to COL; Aaron Miles & Admin Bigbie to STL

CardsJimEdmonds15

King traded from Cardinals to Rockies for two players

DALLAS (AP) -- Left-hander Ray King was traded from St. Louis to Colorado on Wednesday night for outfielder Admin Bigbie and infielder Aaron Miles.

Bigbie was traded from Baltimore to Colorado for outfielder Eric Byrnes on July 29. He hit a combined .239 with five homers and 23 RBIs for the Rockies and Orioles.

Miles, who started 69 games at second base for the Rockies, batted .281 with two home runs and 28 RBIs in 99 games last season.

[More in URL]

Cardinals trade King to Rockies; Redbirds fill two holes by acquiring Bigbie, Miles

DALLAS -- In one stroke, the Cardinals achieved three goals on Wednesday night.

By trading Ray King to the Rockies for Aaron Miles and Admin Bigbie, St. Louis cleared some payroll space, found a candidate to start in their outfield and addressed their second base situation. However, the move leaves an already threadbare Cardinals bullpen short one more arm.

King said that he was not surprised to be moved.

"It's a business, but as a player, you take the bright side of it as somebody wants you," King said from his home in the Phoenix area. "You're closer to the ultimate goal, and that's 10 years in the big leagues.

"From the family standpoint, it worked out great. [i'll be] in Colorado with Spring Training here in Phoenix. My kids are getting older, and I can do some things at home those six weeks when I would have been in Florida. The only thing now is we've got to put a headline in the paper that I have a house for sale."

[More in URL]

Better than nothing for King.. 2 needs for one.. Still not thrilled with the horrible team they currently have though..

Wow St. Louis... Are they actually considering starting these 2 guys?!

Great dump by Colorado to get rid of two mediocre players who aren't even starting for them next year, all while strengthening the pen.

I am really questioning the direction St. Louis is going.

Wow St. Louis... Are they actually considering starting these 2 guys?!

Great dump by Colorado to get rid of two mediocre players who aren't even starting for them next year, all while strengthening the pen.

I am really questioning the direction St. Louis is going.

Aaron Miles will be competing with Deivi Cruz and Hector Luna for 2B since the owners are too cheap to pay Grudz to return.. We needed 2 OF's and they are too hand strung on their 'low' money to give out any money for players to contribute.. Admin BIGBIE.. Ack.. I'd rather have Reggie Sanders or the Injured Admin Walker.. We are thinking about an OF of Taguchi, Edmonds, Bigbie.. Then to top it off our bullpen had like 5 missing pieces and they trade the only one valuable other than Isringhausen.. THE OWNERS ARE MILKING EVERY LAST BIT of the old BUSCH STADIUM to go in the wrong direction.. the OWNERSHIP is turning pathetic.. This is horrible.. I wouldnt even attempt to blame Walt on this. He does the best with what he has and I have appreciated that but the owners.. they said we'd have a new team that would be competitive.. No, this is last place at best guys IMHO.. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I gotta think something is brewing.. Or else they are about to trade Pujols, Edmonds, and Rolen.. I dont like the direction we are going in.. I hate it.. This is gonna be a brutal year..

Article on stupid Ownership