Cabrera article

AAS

ok i found an article on the aragua tigers homepage and its about miguel & some fighting incident? it was the big story on the homepage. heres my best translation (its not a great translation but thats what a site gave me)

Immediately after the diffusion in some mass media of a supposed aggression of the player Miguel Cabrera to a citizen to the exit of a night place on Friday dawn, the organization wants to make very clear that the pelotero never struck some person, since it has distinguished itself, although yes it was present in a place where a dispute appeared.

" I did not beat anybody, nobody struck me, yes it was in company of a group of persons going out of a place in the city of Maracay when there appeared a fight in which I was not involved. But I understand that to the persons there present perhaps the most well-known it was me who belonged and perhaps for it they are involving me without me to have some responsibility in the above mentioned incident ", pointed out Miguel Cabrera in the City Garden before tackling trip to Caracas, where today 2005-2006 faces Tigers of Aragua to Lions for time first in the postemporada of the tournament.

Miguel has been characterized in his short career for presenting a model conduct inside and out of the area, for which it considers to be important to make this incident clear well that, especially, some mass media of the central region of the country have treated with sensationalist character without measure the damage that they could be doing to him to the image of the player.

For Cabrera the most important thing in this moment is to contribute with his bat and glove to obtain the necessary victories that lead to Tigers of Aragua to saying present in the final of the professional Venezuelan baseball, for the fourth consecutive period, and it is completely focused in raising his offensive numbers principally, who are at present much underneath of his expectations.

" My work is to play baseball and I am dedicated to it, my commitment in this moment is with the whole love of Venezuela and especially with that of Tigers of Aragua, for which only I think about that. Nevertheless, I am ready to clarify this incident in any instance that should be necessary and in fact the organization, across his President, the Dr.Rafael Rodr?guez Rend?n, he will take charge of any legal aspect if it is that there was place to it ", he concluded Cabrera, who looks along with the Tigers for his champion's third ring of a followed way.

sorry its long.. but what is going on

i know sorry :confused

but i looked on some other sites and this is what im getting so far: apparently at 5 am fri morning miggy left a night club and got into a fight with a man and his fiancee, possibly attacking him? after a while his dad came to try to control him but couldnt cuz he had consumed too much alcohol. of course miggy denies all this.. but sites are saying he was involved.

Terrible translation. But basically we don't know what happened. Someone is saying Miggy beat them up and Miggy is denying it. I will give Miggy the benefit of the doubt, especially since it's not uncommon for people to concoct such stories in Latin America against rich and well-known figures. Some people are just trying to get some free money. If I were Miggy's advisor, I would suggest he permanently move to Miami or anywhere in the US just for safety's sake.

As a result of statements released by several media outlets reporting that baseball player Miguel Cabrera allegedly attacked a man while leaving a nightclub on Friday morning, the organization wants to make it clear that at no time did Miguel Cabrera attack anyone, as aforementioned, even though he was present while a fight was occuring in the premises.

"I did not hit anyone, as well as nobody hit me. I was accompanied by a group of people in Maracay when a fight occured in which I did not take part of. However, I believe that since I was the most recognizable person there, the people there want to involve me in that incident, even though I had nothing to do with it"said Cabrera in the Ciudad Jardin, shortly before departing to Caracas, where today the Tigres de Aragua will play the Leones for the first time in the 2005-2006 post season.

In his short career, Miguel has been known to set a good example on and off the field, which makes it important to consider that this incident, which has been treated in a sensationalist manner by media outlets in the central region of the country, has been publicized without thinking about the damage that could be inflicted on the image of Cabrera.

The rest of the article is irrelevant.

If Cabrera did get into a fight, big f-in deal. A bunch of my friends have gotten into fights at clubs and they're all good people and model citizens. Sometimes some people need to get their asses kicked for being disrespectful. This sort of stuff happens all the time, especially in Latin America. I don't think I've ever been to a club or bar in Latin America where I didn't see a fight. In fact, one time in Brazil this a**hole threw a beer bottle at me for no damn reason (and he stared me down after he did it), so I picked up the bottle and threw it straight at him and almost hit him. He looked like he was going to come after me, but then he noticed I had three other friends with me and he just went somewhere else, where he promptly started a fight with another dude. (Other dude BEAT HIS ASS, too.)

Latin America is a violent place, even in the absence of war. Crime rates (and particularly homicide rates) there are inconceivably high. Certain places in those countries are literally war zones (slums of major cities such as Mexico City, Caracas, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Bogota and Lima come to mind). In addition, there are people in those places that want to take your money, and they will try to do that either by using violence or some other method (ransom kidnappings... Mexico City, for example, has about 25 kidnappings for ransom per week). If I were Miggy, I would leave. Just move to Miami, dude.

but it is a big deal there because the mans father is telling all these newspapers miguel was involved. he was saying miguel was sooo drunk that he attacked his son, his sons fiance, and him. he said his son was insulted, punched, and kicked on the floor. even if thats a lie, you wouldnt want newspapers printing that about you

but it is a big deal there because the mans father is telling all these newspapers miguel was involved. he was saying miguel was sooo drunk that he attacked his son, his sons fiance, and him. he said his son was insulted, punched, and kicked on the floor. even if thats a lie, you wouldnt want newspapers printing that about you

So Miggy, all by himself, beat up his son, his son's fiance, and him? Right. That's a credible story. :rolleyes: Miggy's Heman now. These people are trying to get money from Miggy. That's all it is. That's how it works in Latin America. It's disgusting. The best thing for Miggy to do is to relocate to the USA permanently. He's a well-known person in Venezuela and more than a few people will try to extort money from him. Look at what happened to Urbina's mom.

People with no money regularly try their hardest to come up with ways to get money from the rich. That's why you get kidnappings all over the place and lawsuits left and right. Well-known athletes are big targets.

Not saying Miggy's a perfect angel, but that I take any story like this with a grain of salt. People are always trying to make a buck. Sorry if I sound pessimistic, but that's just the reality.

TRANSLATE THIS PLEASE!

Para la pr?xima semana se espera que llegue a Fiscal?a el expediente del caso sobre la denuncia formulada tras la supuesta agresi?n de la que fuera v?ctima el joven maracayero Carlos Agreda, luego de una golpiza que le habr?a propinado el grandeliga de los Marlins de Florida, Jos? Miguel Cabrera, junto a tres sujetos m?s la madrugada del pasado viernes.

Como se recordar?, los hechos sucedieron en un local nocturno de un reconocido centro comercial de la ciudad de Maracay, cuando ?greda en compa??a de su novia y de David Concepci?n Jr., hijo del ex jugador de la gran carpa David Concepci?n, se toparon con el jugador de los Tigres de Aragua y tras varios minutos de insultos se present? el hecho.

?greda junto a su padre, el doctor Gustavo ?greda (quien ofreci? las versiones del hecho), acudieron a la Comisar?a de Base Aragua y luego al Cuerpo de Investigaciones Cient?ficas, Penales y Criminal?sticas, Delegaci?n Ca?a de Az?car para formular la denuncia respectiva luego del accionar del pelotero que dejaron algunas lesiones en el joven.

De igual manera, se destaca que por tratarse de una figura p?blica se espera que el caso sea tratado con la celeridad que corresponde y no se detenga la investigaci?n, pues tras las lesiones de ?greda se debe tomar un precedente y debe encontrarse a los responsables de las acciones.

Por otra lado, tambi?n hay que destacar que en algunos predios del estado Aragua se maneja la versi?n de que el pelotero no se encuentra vinculado a los hechos, pero la afirmaci?n de los denunciantes ha sido tajante en relaci?n a la presencia y protagonismo del toletero en el hecho.

Asimismo, es importante resaltar que por hechos de violencia se encuentra tras las rejas el lanzador de Grandes Ligas Ugueth Urbina luego de que casi perdieran la vida, en una finca de su propiedad algunos de los trabajadores. El proceso podr?a llevarlo a cumplir una condena de 20 a 30 a?os, de ser encontrado culpable.

Igualmente, otro lanzador venezolano, Julio Machado, perdi? su carrera en la gran carpa luego de asesinar a la joven Edicta ?lvarez en una calle de la ciudad de Barquisimeto, hecho ocurrido en el a?o 1991

They're pressing charges against Miggy next week (this coming week). He allegedly beat up Agreda only after they argued for a few minutes. The others were there, but apparently Miggy didn't beat them up too. Apparently Agreda has some bruises from the fight. I am curious about whether Miggy beat the crap out of him (hospitalization, broken arms, e.g.) or just gave him a regular beating. If it was just a regular fight, no big deal. Either way, if it is true, this is worrisome. It appears as though Miggy's head has gotten too big. I don't recall Manny ever getting in trouble with the law. Manny's kind of nuts (but definitely entertaining), but he's not the type that gets in trouble with the law.

Here's the rotoworld version of the story:

Miguel Cabrera has been accused of lambasting a patron after an argument at a Venezuela nightclub early Friday morning. Charges have yet to be filed.

Dr. Gustavo Agreda, chief anesthesiologist at an area hospital, said that a drunken Cabrera became verbally abusive to his son and girlfriend as they tried to leave the establishment's parking lot. The incident then became physiscal with Cabrera's cousins/bodyguards involved. "I didn't hit anybody and nobody hit me," Cabrera said in reponse. "I was in the company of a group of people leaving a locale in the city of Maracay when a fight broke out in which I was not involved. I understand that of all the people there I was probably the most recognizable, and maybe that's why I'm being included without having any responsibility whatsoever in said incident." Marlins VP of communications P.J. Loyello said the organization is aware of the matter and satisfied Cabrera was in no way involved. Jan. 10 - 1:52 pm et

And from the sun-sentinel:

Lauded in his hometown of Maracay and throughout Venezuela, Marlins slugger Miguel Cabrera is learning that doesn't preclude him from the pitfalls of fame.

Cabrera is embroiled in an incident that took place outside a Maracay nightclub early Friday morning. Accused of lambasting a patron after an argument, Cabrera had complaints filed against him with the Aragua police department and the local unit for Scientific Investigations, Penalties and Crimes, which conducts forensic exams.

Dr. Gustavo Agreda, chief anesthesiologist at an area hospital, told the regional newspapers El Aragueno and El Siglo that a drunken Cabrera became verbally abusive to his son, Carlos, and his girlfriend as they tried to leave the establishment's parking lot. According to the media reports, Cabrera's vehicle was blocking the exit.

Along with his two cousins, who serve as bodyguards, Cabrera is accused of becoming physical when Carlos Agreda disembarked his car. Cabrera has told associates it was Agreda who sparked the incident when he cut off Cabrera's car in the parking lot to seek an autograph for his girlfriend.

Through his winter league club, the Aragua Tigers, Cabrera released a statement denying any involvement. No charges have been filed against him.

"I didn't hit anybody and nobody hit me," said Cabrera, who is trying to lead the Tigers to a league title and Caribbean World Series berth. "I was in the company of a group of people leaving a locale in the city of Maracay when a fight broke out in which I was not involved. I understand that of all the people there I was probably the most recognizable, and maybe that's why I'm being included without having any responsibility whatsoever in said incident."

Marlins vice president of communications P.J. Loyello said the organization is aware of the matter and satisfied Cabrera was in no way involved.

"From what I have gathered the initial report that was put out by a Venezuelan publication was highly inaccurate and sensationalistic," said Andy Mota, Cabrera's agent. "From what I heard directly from Miguel's mouth, it's really, really far from the truth, even though he acknowledges being in the parking lot of an establishment with his father and his security guys, and something having happened.

"He's very bothered by this, more for his image and what he represents to his city and his state and his team. "

Reached Monday at work, Dr. Agreda said an attorney for his son's girlfriend was meeting with Aragua Tigers president Dr. Rafael Rodriguez, who also is an attorney and handling the case for Cabrera.

"I want to wait and see the results of that meeting," Agreda said. "In [today's] newspapers I'm releasing another statement."

Dr. Agreda told El Siglo that the incident was still simmering when he arrived on the scene. In addition to his son being punched and kicked by Cabrera and his bodyguards, Agreda said Cabrera ultimately turned his verbal ire toward him. Not even the presence of his father and police officers calmed down Cabrera, Agreda added. The report also said Carlos Agreda underwent a medical exam with the forensics unit to confirm the attack.

Said Cabrera: "I'm committed to clearing up this incident in whatever way is necessary."

Reached Monday at work, Dr. Agreda said an attorney for his son's girlfriend was meeting with Aragua Tigers president Dr. Rafael Rodriguez, who also is an attorney and handling the case for Cabrera.

"I want to wait and see the results of that meeting," Agreda said. "In [today's] newspapers I'm releasing another statement."

Hmmm. Sounds like someone is trying his best to use the media to make some money.