For history buffs

Guest Juanky

I'm looking for information where I could become more acquanted with the post-Revolution and pre-Constitution United States (the Confederacy). I have an idea I'm fooling around with, and my theory is that this eight year period would help me out a lot.

Any suggestions?

I'll try to get you a list later on today dood.

anything in particular you want?

Well, I know all the basics, framework, and such. What I'd like to know is any detailed information that's available on the conflicts the central government and the state governments faced during the period, what they did to address them, and how the respective camps explained their stances on issues. This is the first half of what I'm looking for, but the United States post-Constitution I can handle.

I need basically some in depth info on the period.

Here is a short list for you...I didnt get into journal articles and basically did a brief search, basically there isnt that much GOOD info on the period thats focsed entirely on the period alone. A lot exists on the Revolutionary period which encompases this era...but I have listed a brief bit of what I found. Sadly I didnt get anything in my brief search that focuses on race and gender...

But here ya go:

Breen, T. H. The Marketplace of Revolution: How Consumer Politics Shaped American Independence. New York: Oxford University Press. 2004.

Cornell, Saul. The Other Founders: Anti-Federalism and the Dissenting Tradition in America 1788-1828. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press. 1999.

Hoffert, Robert W. A Politics of Tensions: The Articles of Confederation and American Political Ideas. Niwot: University Press of Colorado, 1992.

Jensen, Merrill. The Articles of Confederation: An Interpretation of the

Social-Constitutional History of the American Revolution 1774-1781. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1970.

Jensen, Merrill. The New Nation: A History of the United States during the Confederation, 1781-1789. New York: Knopf, 1950.

Wood, Gordon S. The Creation of the American Republic, 1776-1787. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1969.

McDonald, Forrest. We the People: The Economic Origins of the Constitution. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1958

McDonald, Forrest. E Pluribus Unum: The Formation of the American Republic 1776-1790. Indianapolis: Liberty Press, 1979.

Morris, Richard B. The Forging of the Union 1781-1789. New York: Harper & Row, 1987.