February 21, 200620 yr Today Miami-Dade is going to have a meeting on the Marlins Ballpark with George Burgess. I guess reviewing his report and etc. Anyone going?
February 21, 200620 yr I am not going, but I heard from several architects that the final destination for the Marlins will be Hialeah as sad as it sounds, but I guess it's better than nothing, and I will still attend all the games I usually do. Anyone that is going, can you please provide details? Thanks a bunch!
February 21, 200620 yr The whole mocking of a Hialeah site is ridiculous, despite Le Batards column. Why is there such a stigma with the area? It is literally a short walk to Miami Lakes, which Don Shula has no problem having his name associated with a resort and golf course, as well as being an affluent area. It is also 5 minutes from the current dolphins stadium site, which no one would have a problem with building there. If the property west of Hialeah is truly in play, then there is access from the Palmetto(I know, always under construction) and I-75. It is just a piece of land we are talking about. Who cares if it is technically within the boundaries of a city called "Hialeah". The location is just about as accessible to Broward and Palm beach as is Dolphins stadium. So it would not be a disaster, the location in itself does not smack of desperation. I grant that the issue of the stadium and the Loria/Samson methods have created a desperate situation-but taken by itself, the Hialeah location is fine.
February 21, 200620 yr The site is not technically Hialeah in what most people know it as. It is a parcel down the Turnpike from Dolphins Stadium's shadow. Today's meeting live: http://webcast.miamidade.gov/vwb/vs_webcas...viewer/lv?e=153
February 21, 200620 yr Today Miami-Dade is going to have a meeting on the Marlins Ballpark with George Burgess. I guess reviewing his report and etc. Anyone going? Yeah pretty much to review the report, some of the options and whether to keep on going.
February 21, 200620 yr The whole mocking of a Hialeah site is ridiculous, despite Le Batards column. Why is there such a stigma with the area? It is literally a short walk to Miami Lakes, which Don Shula has no problem having his name associated with a resort and golf course, as well as being an affluent area. It is also 5 minutes from the current dolphins stadium site, which no one would have a problem with building there. If the property west of Hialeah is truly in play, then there is access from the Palmetto(I know, always under construction) and I-75. It is just a piece of land we are talking about. Who cares if it is technically within the boundaries of a city called "Hialeah". The location is just about as accessible to Broward and Palm beach as is Dolphins stadium. So it would not be a disaster, the location in itself does not smack of desperation. I grant that the issue of the stadium and the Loria/Samson methods have created a desperate situation-but taken by itself, the Hialeah location is fine. I admit Hialeah would not have been my first choice but I agree with you! The way some people react to Hialeah you would think Dolphins Stadium was on some beautiful oceanfront site surrounded by marvelous cafes and restaurants.
February 21, 200620 yr Author Well said. Where is FIU Marlins? He is the inside source in the Hialeah politics.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.