Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Watching the Marlins online?

Featured Replies

Does anyone watch Marlins games online? I'm thinking about getting MLBTV so I can watch the team here in New Orleans. Also, I'm buying a computer in April, with a 256 MB video card, and the graphics should be awesome (I think). It looks like MLBTV is $80 for the season, but can you just buy the Marlins games?

No you can't get just Marlins games but the $80 bucks is definitely worth it. The video quality is pretty good. Only few times I wasn't able to get the fish

Does anyone watch Marlins games online? I'm thinking about getting MLBTV so I can watch the team here in New Orleans. Also, I'm buying a computer in April, with a 256 MB video card, and the graphics should be awesome (I think). It looks like MLBTV is $80 for the season, but can you just buy the Marlins games?

 

You buy the package for $80 and that gives you every game they have. Sorry, there is no Marlins.tv package. You should be able to view the team in New Orleans as long as you can run your computer with a broadband connection and don't use a Florida-addressed credit card.

 

The Astros will be blacked out, but other than those games you should see every thing else. Astros games are on FSN Houston (Southwest) and KNWS-51.

  • Author

I'm seriously considering it. I hope I can jump in sometime in late April or May, because we're not exactly sure when cable is going to be up and going at my house. We know for sure we'll be using our cell phones until July, when regular landline phone service is restored 10.5 months post-Katrina.

Good luck! If it makes you feel any better, after Hurricanes you usually see a huge improvement in service. The insurance money not only rebuilds, but adds on. Charley insurance payments gave Time Warner enough to build out to my street and they offered Digital Cable, HDTV, DVR, Cable Internet (Road Runner), and now offer Telephone service. The Comcast comes and buys them out as part of the Adelphia deal.

 

I have Dish Network with Sprint Phone and DSL (soon to be Embarq) and they work well too.

 

I am guessing you live in Cox Cable territory right? I don't recall you being on the northshore Charter System before the storm...or was that another NOLA poster.

  • Author

nope, I stay in New Orleans East. Miraculously, I didn't flood, but that's because I'm 700 feet from Lake Pontchartrain (highest land is closer to Lake and banks of the river). Just enough wind damage, and everyone else's damage to keep me out for 7 months.

 

Yeah, I have expanded basic Cox Cable, so I had about 70? channels.

I'm out here in Cali, and MLB.tv is great...I wish the resolution would be better, so that the full-screen would be crisper...but better to have something, than nothing!! :thumbup

MLB tv is great, as long as you have broadband (at least 350 kbps) the only problem that I ever had with MLB tv is when there was a thunderstorm outside. Thats it. :thumbup

This year there will be split screen so you can watch 2 games at once. Its really good, the odd time you could do with higher resolution, but 95% of the time its fine, as not much moves if that makes sense. Hopefully the resolution may take a boost as well there is some info on the coming seasons stuff on the mlb website.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.