Cell Phone Opinion..

BIG Z

Sup,i know some of ya'll can help me with this because ya'll know a little more about cell phone technology than me..oki here's the question,i want to get a new cell phone..which one of these 4 should i get?(Based on performance and all)..Thanks in advance :)

---BlackBerry 8700c

---Cingular 8125 Pocket PC

---Palm Treo 650

---HP iPAQ hw6515

First of all, it doesn't look cheap...nor is it cheap, so if all you want is a status phone, just go get a Slvr or something and spend the extra $300 on some shoes or something, lol.

What do you want to do with this phone? Is it going to be a heavy e-mail device? Is it just a toy? Are you actually looking at this as a smart-phone or just a cool phone?

Since I've owned or at least looked at most of these things, tell me what you want to do with it...and since it's an 8700 you're looking at, I'm assuming you're on cingular's network, correct?

First of all, it doesn't look cheap...nor is it cheap, so if all you want is a status phone, just go get a Slvr or something and spend the extra $300 on some shoes or something, lol.

What do you want to do with this phone? Is it going to be a heavy e-mail device? Is it just a toy? Are you actually looking at this as a smart-phone or just a cool phone?

Since I've owned or at least looked at most of these things, tell me what you want to do with it...and since it's an 8700 you're looking at, I'm assuming you're on cingular's network, correct?

LoL i don't like those normal compact phones anymore..i want to get something more proffessional to organize myself..i'm also heading to college this year hopefully so i think i'd need the phone to jot something down like hw or w.e..i guess i can also call it a toy,i just want to move up from the other phones,i'm tired of them..they usually go down pretty fast..and well it's also pretty cool..and yup yup my server's Cingular..btw i've been with Cingular for 4 years now and i have yet to have a complaint about it,i definetly love it.

Guest Juanky

Laz, trust me. You're never going to use all the capabilities this phone provides you. If you want to get organized, you're best getting a camera phone or something cute to take pictures of chick you're boning and then picking up a $20 PDA to get yourself straightened out. Blackberries should be only for high end professionals like government officials, doctors, lawyers, or other professions that need to be on call 24 hours.

Trust me, you don't want to be that available.

Ya ya i get ya guys but if i'm going to spend 200 bucks on a flip phone or w.e..why not just buy myself a blackberry or palm treo,it's only 300 bucks or so..and another thing that i want to do is go into the real estate business while i'm studying in college,so this phone can also help me in this aspect

Ya ya i get ya guys but if i'm going to spend 200 bucks on a flip phone or w.e..why not just buy myself a blackberry or palm treo,it's only 300 bucks or so..and another thing that i want to do is go into the real estate business while i'm studying in college,so this phone can also help me in this aspect

i bought my flip phone for free.

go through an online dealer and dont go through the wireless company. you will get a better deal.

I heard that the treo 700 will be available to other networks after 6-7 months i believe, so if you can wait, wait for that.

Blah..my phone sounds pretty low right now,that's why i want to change it..no matter how loud i put the volume when you're speaking on the phone you can't hear jack..i'll see if i buy the treo now and if anything i buy the other one that comes out later on..when it comes out..and yaa like Das says i've noticed you do get better deals online..but i rather go to the Cingular store and buying it..i like to socialize,just how i am.

Guest Fritz

I heard that the treo 700 will be available to other networks after 6-7 months i believe, so if you can wait, wait for that.

Blah..my phone sounds pretty low right now,that's why i want to change it..no matter how loud i put the volume when you're speaking on the phone you can't hear jack..i'll see if i buy the treo now and if anything i buy the other one that comes out later on..when it comes out..and yaa like Das says i've noticed you do get better deals online..but i rather go to the Cingular store and buying it..i like to socialize,just how i am.

That's just stupid.

But hey, a fool and his money are soon parted.

:thumbup

That's just stupid.

But hey, a fool and his money are soon parted.

:thumbup

LoL..hey who knows maybe the next Treo won't even be so badass..T-Mobiles coming out with a new sidekick looking phone..some ppl just call it the SideKick 3 and i like the old one better (second one)..so maybe i'll like the Treo that's out now,over the one coming out later..but w.e that's just really up to me..i really appreciate all your help guys..take care ya'll..and once again thank you

I use the Treo for e-mail and international accessability. The blackberry is simply a email device first and a phone second, so if you think that you're phone now is a pain, the blackberry is substantially worse.

You don't need a pocket pc if all you want to do is get organized, you'll be paying substantially for the ability to use excel and other office programs and odds are you won't use them or need them.

Honestly, my best advice is that if you have your heart set on this, get the treo 650, but you might want to check your math. If you're just buying the phone straight up without any service agreements, the treo is close to $600 while the Razr and slvr are $200. To get the treo under $400 you need to sign up for a two year service extension and a data coverage agreement (which'll run you anywere from $20 to $60 a month). While, if you sign up for the same agreement, you basically get a razr or slvr for free.

Plus, the life expectancies on these suckers really is under a year as they tend to slow down/lock up as they age.

That's just dumb.

Socializing is not worth 200 bucks.

Just get a RAZR.

My Mother has the Razor or RAZR w.e..i don't really like it,i want the treo..well i guess i have to go to the store myself and decide what phone i want on my own..your own decisions are the best decisions you make.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.