July 27, 200620 yr I found an online article about mascot bloopers and found this...anybody know anything about this? Billy the Marlin (2000) While shooting rolled-up t-shirts into the stands as part of an inter-inning promotion, Florida Marlins mascot "Billy the Marlin" misfires a customized gun and pelts an elderly man in the eye, temporarily knocking him out. The man would later file a lawsuit against Billy, but was not victorious. here's the link to the full article... http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/57929...CP>1=8393
July 27, 200620 yr Burnie (1994) While playing a game in Puerto Rico, Miami Heat Mascot "Burnie" grabs a female fan by the legs and drags her onto the court. The woman was not happy about the ordeal and proved to be the wife of a Supreme Court judge. "Burnie" is charged with aggravated assault and later sued for $1 million in damages. what the hell is wrong with Miami mascots? :lol
July 27, 200620 yr welcome to 2000 lol http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/intheyear2000/images/mrt.jpg
July 27, 200620 yr I don't remember that one. I do remember a couple of lawyers and a doctor trying to sue the team for misrepresentation after they purchased their season tix in '98. They paid for their tix in Decenber or January...after Wayne had already made trades and said more were coming so I never could figure out what they were talking about.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.