Scissor Sisters

MiRi

They did a cover of "Comfortably Numb" that was very unique.

The male vocalist does it in a total Bee Gee falsetto. The production is kind of housy. Cant really say I loved it though.

A lot of their debut actually sounds like old Elton John stuff (the good Elton John stuff).

• 4 weeks later...

I won't post my impressions of the album until I'm more familiar with it. I've only listened once through.

But I saw them on Conan the other night, and man did they look uncomfortable. Especially lead singer guy who's name I don't know. When I saw them at Coachella he was extremely energetic and, well, flamboyant, and he just seemed to be having a lot of fun. But on Conan he just looked frightened out of his mind, and unsure of just how gay to be. It made for a very awkward performance.

quite possibly one of the better bands to come out of NY in a loooooong time ... so fresh, so fun and OH so gay (in a fun way and without being stupid or trying too hard) there are very few moments when I feel like being gay yet they have multiplied since I discovered the scissor sisters when their cd came out.

I mean how can you not like a band that features the names: paddy boom and baby daddy

with such hits as filthy & gorgeous (an automatic anthem) take your mama, laura, there's no tits on the radio and I have yet to buy their second album

and bee gee's meets elton john is a perfect description

I won't post my impressions of the album until I'm more familiar with it. I've only listened once through.

But I saw them on Conan the other night, and man did they look uncomfortable. Especially lead singer guy who's name I don't know. When I saw them at Coachella he was extremely energetic and, well, flamboyant, and he just seemed to be having a lot of fun. But on Conan he just looked frightened out of his mind, and unsure of just how gay to be. It made for a very awkward performance.

see the first time I saw them live was on one of those late night shows and they played "take your mama." It sounded so good and tight that without even hearing much about them I went and got the album. I havent been dissapointed ever since