Pick one of each... Radio/T.V.

Hollyberry

I picked Tommy on the TV side because he has been there the longest and is the most comfortable.

I picked DVH because he is an excellent play-by-play caller. Emotions on the radio are there, just because he doesn't yell the call doesn't mean he isn't emotional. DVH is about as close to the players as any other member...espcially Miggy (DVH calls him that) and Dontrelle. He always has players on a first name basis and makes the radio games feel very informal and laid back.

Roxy and Rich are still adjusting from West to East Coast and it really shows when they try to say names like Philadelphia, Atlanta, or any Floridian city.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

In my opinion, a world class announcer is one who delivers to the listener the most important thing that is going on. In baseball, that would be EVERY pitch that is thrown. I can survive without knowing every detail about a stadium or a uniform, but I can not handle not knowing every single pitch that is thrown. How many times is DVH wrapped up in his descriptive nonsense and you hear the pitch hit the mitt and he never reports what it is? Too many times for my liking.

Thankfully, I don't have to rely on him very often as I am able to watch most on TV. That guy is brutal.

I wasn't aware radio broadcasts were intended for those simply checking in to the game for the score. Especially in an era with internet cafes or bars with a TV tuned to ESPN or CNN at every corner and everything from phones to watches to portable computers to beepers able to report the score.