Pick one of each... Radio/T.V.

Hollyberry

Whats your opionion on our radio/t.v guys? Who do you like the best?

I have heard alot of meh things about our guys from other fans from other teams.

Yesterday I was listening to DVH's game winning hit call and it was terrible. He called the Phillies game tying play better. He has no emotion and never tells you want is happening in the game. DVH "A fly ball to center.......... Fredo is under it and its a home run" :lol .

I wish Roxy was the TV guy instead of Rich. I found it pretty funny when they showed Mike Schmidt in the booth today and Rich was standing up behind him. They took his seat, that's funny. A couple years ago I was listening to DVH and he reported the following: fouled straight back against the net................ that ball is up, up and away, homerun!

I like all our guys. I actually think DVH is great for radio. He's very descriptive.. even getting into the types of uniforms the players are wearing. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I'm driving during a game, I enjoy listening to him and Roxy... DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

As for Rich and Tommy, they are my favorites.. yes, I like Rich more than Len Kasper. I don't know what it is.. Maybe cause I met him and he was so damn nice.. But he and Tommy work great together...

DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

The play takes place and the crowd reacts before we are told what happened. He's a bit slow on delivery.

You know, I've heard people say that, but I was listening to him just the other day and noticed that everyone here tends to exaggerate about that. I didn't notice a major lag in activity and his call... I thought he was just fine.

I love Rich and Tommy, their so energetic and they really get into the games and they can always make u crack up. The stuff they say just lets u know that their just like us and they dont have to have that TV image all the time.

Rich IMO is really good at getting things excited expecially during close games and the latter part of games. Tommy analyzes things so good and what he says just always has me listening in. When he talks I listen, the guy just knows baseball.

DVH is freaking horrible i hate listening to him on the radio, only reason i do that is because i might not have a TV in front of me, and im listening to the radio when im driving home or to my girlfriend's house.

Roxy has a very good radio personality though and brings energy to it. Personally I think that Roxy should just take things over and let DVH talk less and have more of a limited role.

I like all our guys. I actually think DVH is great for radio. He's very descriptive.. even getting into the types of uniforms the players are wearing. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I'm driving during a game, I enjoy listening to him and Roxy... DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

I must be crazy... but, I like him too..

We have a solid TV crew. Anyone eho says Waltz is terrible hasn't watched regional coverage.

The D-Rays have a solid crew, and I enjoy watching them.

One of the worst crews in the bigs are the White Sox, other than the "you can put it on the board....yes!" they don't have much else. Dead air gains a new meaning when you watch a White Sox game.

Tommy Hutton's full of baseball knowledge.

DVH paints the whole picture of the game for the audience. If you listen to him closely for an extended period rather than focusing on his reaction to key events, you can feel as if you're actually at the game. That's what a world class broadcaster does. He draws you into the game.

I dislike Tommy. I used to be apathetic but I really no longer like him. I find his commentary to be basic, and often wrong or homerific. "Rich, a downward plane is...is...well, if you or I were pitching, it wouldn't be a downward plane." "See, the thing with Dontrelle is, his pitches have a lot of movement..." And don't even get me started on his David Samson school of berating the consumer nightly...

Waltz is boring, and kind of creepy, but he's fine.

And count me among the few that actually like DVH.

As for Rich and Tommy, they are my favorites.. yes, I like Rich more than Len Kasper. I don't know what it is.. Maybe cause I met him and he was so damn nice.. But he and Tommy work great together...

he gets alot of stuff wrong too..like who's up to bat or who is playing which position in the field...it can be pretty bad at times...almost painful...i guess that comes from working in Montreal so long...I used to listen to him while I was at the game just to laugh at the mistakes...i guess if you don't watch and listen at the same time, you really wouldn't know

and also, I had a friend that worked up in the booth with DVH and man did he tell me some funny stories about DVH's delays and mistakes...how they'd be sitting up there like "did he really just say that?"

and did anyone ever notice how rich will just stare at tommy for extremely loooooong periods of time with that goofy face when Tommy is talking pregame or post game? It's reallllllly funny. My dad and I would tape it and play it back over and over just to get a good laugh...

Overall I like Rich. I like his sense of humor and think he has improved from last year by cutting down on mistakes. I don't like the way he repeats the same stories over and over. I don't like Tommy at all. I think he's too much of a homer and his constant complaining about the umps and attendance annoys me. His scouting reports are a joke. He should spend 10 minutes and write something meaningful.