Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick one of each... Radio/T.V.

Featured Replies

Whats your opionion on our radio/t.v guys? Who do you like the best?

 

I have heard alot of meh things about our guys from other fans from other teams.

 

 

 

Yesterday I was listening to DVH's game winning hit call and it was terrible. He called the Phillies game tying play better. He has no emotion and never tells you want is happening in the game. DVH "A fly ball to center.......... Fredo is under it and its a home run" :lol .

I wouldn't choose one from each. I'd just choose the TV crew over the radio crew.

 

Roxy is good though. Kinda high pitched, but good.

I bet many will vote for Rich over Tommy because they don't like hearing Tommy mention attendance almost every game. Well, if they ever went to some games, they wouldn't always be watching on tv.

i think our tv guys are alright...granted when the only other guys ive heard are the rays and the braves announcers...those guys are the worst....im talking the WORST.

I wish Roxy was the TV guy instead of Rich. I found it pretty funny when they showed Mike Schmidt in the booth today and Rich was standing up behind him. They took his seat, that's funny. A couple years ago I was listening to DVH and he reported the following: fouled straight back against the net................ that ball is up, up and away, homerun!

I like all our guys. I actually think DVH is great for radio. He's very descriptive.. even getting into the types of uniforms the players are wearing. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I'm driving during a game, I enjoy listening to him and Roxy... DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

 

As for Rich and Tommy, they are my favorites.. yes, I like Rich more than Len Kasper. I don't know what it is.. Maybe cause I met him and he was so damn nice.. But he and Tommy work great together...

DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

 

The play takes place and the crowd reacts before we are told what happened. He's a bit slow on delivery.

DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

 

The play takes place and the crowd reacts before we are told what happened. He's a bit slow on delivery.

 

You know, I've heard people say that, but I was listening to him just the other day and noticed that everyone here tends to exaggerate about that. I didn't notice a major lag in activity and his call... I thought he was just fine.

I love Rich and Tommy, their so energetic and they really get into the games and they can always make u crack up. The stuff they say just lets u know that their just like us and they dont have to have that TV image all the time.

 

Rich IMO is really good at getting things excited expecially during close games and the latter part of games. Tommy analyzes things so good and what he says just always has me listening in. When he talks I listen, the guy just knows baseball.

 

DVH is freaking horrible i hate listening to him on the radio, only reason i do that is because i might not have a TV in front of me, and im listening to the radio when im driving home or to my girlfriend's house.

 

Roxy has a very good radio personality though and brings energy to it. Personally I think that Roxy should just take things over and let DVH talk less and have more of a limited role.

I like all our guys. I actually think DVH is great for radio. He's very descriptive.. even getting into the types of uniforms the players are wearing. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I'm driving during a game, I enjoy listening to him and Roxy... DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

 

 

I must be crazy... but, I like him too..

We have a solid TV crew. Anyone eho says Waltz is terrible hasn't watched regional coverage.

 

The D-Rays have a solid crew, and I enjoy watching them.

 

One of the worst crews in the bigs are the White Sox, other than the "you can put it on the board....yes!" they don't have much else. Dead air gains a new meaning when you watch a White Sox game.

Tommy Hutton's full of baseball knowledge.

 

DVH paints the whole picture of the game for the audience. If you listen to him closely for an extended period rather than focusing on his reaction to key events, you can feel as if you're actually at the game. That's what a world class broadcaster does. He draws you into the game.

i love our TV guys, i cant decide between em.

 

and DVH deffinitely talks a lot more during the game, and doesn't fall behind, so i guess i gotta go with him for the radio.

I like Tommy and Rich. I went with Tommy and DVH. I've forgotten what roxy sounds like, so..

 

The Devil Rays announcer, Dwayne Stats, is horrid..I can't stand listening to him. So damn boring.

I dislike Tommy. I used to be apathetic but I really no longer like him. I find his commentary to be basic, and often wrong or homerific. "Rich, a downward plane is...is...well, if you or I were pitching, it wouldn't be a downward plane." "See, the thing with Dontrelle is, his pitches have a lot of movement..." And don't even get me started on his David Samson school of berating the consumer nightly...

 

Waltz is boring, and kind of creepy, but he's fine.

 

And count me among the few that actually like DVH.

I like all our guys. I actually think DVH is great for radio. He's very descriptive.. even getting into the types of uniforms the players are wearing. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I'm driving during a game, I enjoy listening to him and Roxy... DVH is widely known around baseball as a great broadcaster, so I don't know why people don't like him...

 

As for Rich and Tommy, they are my favorites.. yes, I like Rich more than Len Kasper. I don't know what it is.. Maybe cause I met him and he was so damn nice.. But he and Tommy work great together...

 

 

he gets alot of stuff wrong too..like who's up to bat or who is playing which position in the field...it can be pretty bad at times...almost painful...i guess that comes from working in Montreal so long...I used to listen to him while I was at the game just to laugh at the mistakes...i guess if you don't watch and listen at the same time, you really wouldn't know

 

and also, I had a friend that worked up in the booth with DVH and man did he tell me some funny stories about DVH's delays and mistakes...how they'd be sitting up there like "did he really just say that?"

 

and did anyone ever notice how rich will just stare at tommy for extremely loooooong periods of time with that goofy face when Tommy is talking pregame or post game? It's reallllllly funny. My dad and I would tape it and play it back over and over just to get a good laugh...

i hate DVH when i get out of work and im listening to him in the car going home, he never says the score and i find out if its a hit, hr, k, or out from the fan reactions b4 he says anything. wish boog was still doing the games

DVH used to always say, when a home run was hit, "Up, up and away!!!" I'm so glad he changed that. I like Tommy and Rich, but I agree with TSwift that Tommy needs to stop bringing up the lack of attendance EVERY GAME.

Overall I like Rich. I like his sense of humor and think he has improved from last year by cutting down on mistakes. I don't like the way he repeats the same stories over and over. I don't like Tommy at all. I think he's too much of a homer and his constant complaining about the umps and attendance annoys me. His scouting reports are a joke. He should spend 10 minutes and write something meaningful.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.