Bengals' Pollack Out For Season

Passion

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker David Pollack was placed Monday on injured reserve, ending his season.

Pollack, 24, suffered a neck injury bringing down 240-pound running back Reuben Droughns on the second play of Sunday's 34-17 victory over the Cleveland Browns at Paul Brown Stadium.

Pollack was taken off the field on a neck board and transported to University Hospital, where he was fitted with a protective halo brace.

"It is not career-threatening," Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said, confirming that Pollack had full sensation in his limbs and that his spinal cord was not damaged.

"I am just worried about him," added Bengals linebacker Brian Simmons. "And not from a football standpoint; I just hope he is going to be OK."

Pollack was drafted 17th overall out of Georgia in 2005 and started five of 14 games as a Bengals rookie last season, posting 28 tackles, 4? sacks and one fumble recovery.

In 2004, he won the Chuck Bednarik Award as the NCAA defensive player of the year and the Vince Lombardi Award as top lineman.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/20...ls-pollack.html

Luckily we're deep. And he hadn't turned into a star yet. I mean it sucks he got hurt, but I don't think we'll be missing him that much.

This weekend Braham and Jackson are bigger losses.

agreed...still feel bad for him, deffinitly has the talent to be a great player..

He will be.

Great teams overcome this stuff. Luckily we're sorta deep this season and the guy replacing him could be just as good (at the level Pollack was at). We'll see. Stuff test on Sunday, still.