Crawford shopped? Should the Fish pounce?

Fishfan79

Who would that be ? I doubt Torii signs for one year, but maybe. If we go the playoffs next year because of a Vernon Wells, it is worth it. We would be playoff contenders with him,no doubt.

1. Hanley

2. Uggla

3. Wells

4. Cabs

5. Hermida

6. Willy

7. Jacobs

8. Olivo

Come on ! That's sick. Vernon Wells would be our 2007 one year wonder version of Delgado/Ivan.

I'm not saying that Wells wouldn't be great, but what are smoking that makes you think Hermida should be batting #5 behind Cabrera with Jacobs in the #7 spot? Seriously...if protecting Cabrera is a priority, there isn't a worse hitter in the lineup to put behind him. He strikes out as often as anyone (70 SO /344 TPA = 20% of his ABs, even more than Hanley's 123 SO /673 TPA = 18%). Batting what? 250? Not good to bring Cabs in from 2nd either. maybe rotate 5 6 & 7 around so that it's Hammer, Jake, and Hermida in the #7 spot.

I personally would put Hermida # 2 in the order and let him do what he does best - draw walks and prolong at bats. But I figured that would cause an uproar. Hermida will bounce back and be just fine. That was just a sample batting order, who knows how much it will change between now and April of 07.

my dream order

1 Hanley SS

2 Hermida RF

3 Cabrera 3B

4 Sheffield LF

5 Willingham 1B

6 Uggla 2B

7 Baldelli CF

8 Olivo C

9 Willis SP