Henry Owens

yandro

Does anyone know if the Marlins asked Henry to leave the Licey team of the Dominican Winter League? He was dominating and I have been checking his stats regularly since the trade and they remain the same. I was wondering if anyone had an official press release stating the Marlins FO did not want him participating in the DWL.

Does anyone know if the Marlins asked Henry to leave the Licey team of the Dominican Winter League? He was dominating and I have been checking his stats regularly since the trade and they remain the same. I was wondering if anyone had an official press release stating the Marlins FO did not want him participating in the DWL.

I noticed this as well.

The same is true of Jason Vargas and Shane Costa (a KC outfielder I've been following) on another team (Escogido) in the league. I don't speak spanish so I haven't been able to determine why but it does seem like a significant number of MLB/MiLB players are not playing any longer. None of the three have seen their stats change in at least a week and maybe two. Owens numbers can be found here Licey.

BTW, thanks for posting originally the link to this league. :thumbup

I noticed this as well.

The same is true of Jason Vargas and Shane Costa (a KC outfielder I've been following) on another team (Escogido) in the league. I don't speak spanish so I haven't been able to determine why but it does seem like a significant number of MLB/MiLB players are not playing any longer. None of the three have seen their stats change in at least a week and maybe two. Owens numbers can be found here Licey.

BTW, thanks for posting originally the link to this league. :thumbup

No problem! Yea, I was going through the box scores and his last game pitched was 11/17. He was traded on the 20th.

On the Licey team there is only one guy with better numbers than Owens, his name is Oneli Perez, who it turns out is in the White Sox organization. His MiLB stats so far in his short career (went through three levels in 2006) are mind-blowing, .960 ERA over 77+ innings with 91 strikeouts and 19 BB.

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/P/Oneli-Perez.shtml

On the Licey team there is only one guy with better numbers than Owens, his name is Oneli Perez, who it turns out is in the White Sox organization. His MiLB stats so far in his short career (went through three levels in 2006) are mind-blowing, .960 ERA over 77+ innings with 91 strikeouts and 19 BB.

Damn...

is he a reliever or a starter?

Seems to me he's a reliever. He had 9 saves for the year. This guy is something else! At every level he was at, he had a sub 1.00 WHIP. That's amazing! He allowed 46 hits in 77 2/3 innings for the season...WOW! I know it was only A and AA, but I'd be interested in tracking him throughout 2007 and see how far he goes in the White Sox's system. By the way, those of you wondering....he was protected on their 40 man roster on Nov. 20th.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...sp&c_id=cws

By the way, I'm going down to Santo Domingo next friday to see a game. I'm hoping to get a few autographs....now that I know about Oneli, I'll make sure to get his!

Just noodling around I realized that some of us may have already seen Owens pitch.

July 7th and 8th (in NYC so it was probably on tv) he pitched a total of three scoreless innings against the Fish - 2BB, 1 SO.

I was looking for video (couldn't find any) as I've heard he pitches like he was a catcher throwing to second, short armed. I'm thinking Miguel Olivo throwing a bullet to 2B.

Just noodling around I realized that some of us may have already seen Owens pitch.

July 7th and 8th (in NYC so it was probably on tv) he pitched a total of three scoreless innings against the Fish - 2BB, 1 SO.

I was looking for video (couldn't find any) as I've heard he pitches like he was a catcher throwing to second, short armed. I'm thinking Miguel Olivo throwing a bullet to 2B.

He only pitched in three games last year. Two were vs the fish and one game vs. the Cubbies in July also. I went to MLB.COM to see the highlights for that Cub game, since the Cubs gave a nice whooping to the Mets and I saw Owens gave up four runs in that game. I figured maybe there were some Cubs highlights but no luck. By the way, after the game Owens was sent down to AA Birmingham.

He only pitched in three games last year. Two were vs the fish and one game vs. the Cubbies in July also. I went to MLB.COM to see the highlights for that Cub game, since the Cubs gave a nice whooping to the Mets and I saw Owens gave up four runs in that game. I figured maybe there were some Cubs highlights but no luck. By the way, after the game Owens was sent down to AA Birmingham.

that makes sense considering he used to be a catcher