Bertuzzi Update: Out for at least ANOTHER 4 to 8 weeks

Accord

"4 to 8 weeks" means he's done for the season.

Florida Panthers winger Todd Bertuzzi could miss another 4-8 weeks while recovering from surgery on his injured back, coach Jacques Martin said.

Todd Bertuzzi

Bertuzzi

Bertuzzi hasn't played since Oct. 18 and had the surgery on Nov. 2. He was originally expected to miss 6-8 weeks from the time of the operation and was cleared to resume light skating Wednesday, but the Panthers are choosing to play it safe.

"I would think on a conservative side, where he's at with the rehab, it's anywhere between four to eight [weeks],'' Martin said, according to the Miami Herald. "He feels better. Now it's a matter of doing more work in the gym, getting stronger, working on really strengthening the muscles."

Bertuzzi is scheduled for a follow-up exam Tuesday with Dr. Guillermo Pasarin, the Herald said. Pasarin performed the initial operation to shave a bulging disc in Bertuzzi's back and relieve pressure.

Bertuzzi is in his first season with Florida and 10th overall. He has 224 goals and 536 career points.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2692979

I heard he will be back sooner than later

care to elaborate? :)

i'm hoping it's sooner than later as well. a healthy bertuzzi could be one of the biggest gamebreakers in the nhl. the panthers are "close" in alot of these games but always seem to lack that one key goal. last night for example = a powerplay in overtime and they can't cash in...

the sharks were the same way last year and when they acquired thornton, they went something like 18-2-2 after the olympics. bertuzzi may not be quite that good, but it's close if he reverts to his top form.

I heard he will be back sooner than later

care to elaborate? :)

i'm hoping it's sooner than later as well. a healthy bertuzzi could be one of the biggest gamebreakers in the nhl. the panthers are "close" in alot of these games but always seem to lack that one key goal. last night for example = a powerplay in overtime and they can't cash in...

the sharks were the same way last year and when they acquired thornton, they went something like 18-2-2 after the olympics. bertuzzi may not be quite that good, but it's close if he reverts to his top form.

Not much really to share. Someone who is with the team everyday said he expected to see him "sooner than later" lol