Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Robert Hite arrested for DUI.

Featured Replies

(CBS4) MIAMI Miami Heat rookie Robert Hite was arrested early Sunday morning on South Beach and charged with DUI.

 

Sources told CBS4.com that Hite was leaving Dwyane Wade?s 25th Birthday party

when police pulled him over between 3:00am and 4:00am and arrested him for driving under the influence.

 

Hite was taken to Miami-Dade County jail for processing, before bonding out later Sunday morning.

 

Hite was not at the Miami Heat-Dallas Mavericks game on Sunday afternoon at the American Airlines Arena and none of the teams players or coaches talked about the incident.

 

"I don't know anything about it,? said Heat Interim Coach Ron Rothstein. ?I don?t know what the deal is.?

 

Hite, who spent his college career playing at the University of Miami, is averaging 4.3 points per game on the season for the Heat.

 

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_021180611.html

 

First Dtrain and now Hite.

Another idiot.

If it's true, just cut him.

 

Would you say the same if it were Dwyane Wade?

If it's true, just cut him.

 

Would you say the same if it were Dwyane Wade?

 

No.

 

why? people make mistakes.

 

When you're the 15th man on a "good" team, when you're never going to get any meaningful playing time, and when you've basically stunk up the minutes you have played, it would behoove you not to cause any headaches for your team. Hite has now officially caused more problems than he's fixed. Unless he's of some great benefit to the team during practice--which I'd highly doubt--then I'd look for someone less troublesome to take his place.

 

You don't get to make mistakes when your purpose on the team is debatable in the first place.

If it's true, just cut him.

 

Would you say the same if it were Dwyane Wade?

 

No.

 

why? people make mistakes.

 

When you're the 15th man on a "good" team, when you're never going to get any meaningful playing time, and when you've basically stunk up the minutes you have played, it would behoove you not to cause any headaches for your team. Hite has now officially caused more problems than he's fixed. Unless he's of some great benefit to the team during practice--which I'd highly doubt--then I'd look for someone less troublesome to take his place.

 

You don't get to make mistakes when your purpose on the team is debatable in the first place.

 

 

doubt this is causing the team that much of a headache.. its a DUI, not a murder, drug trafficking, etc.

It's a diversion, even if it's a small one, and it's just not needed. This is an easy opportunity to make an example of someone and to help preserve this franchise's reputation. I'm hardly suggesting that something like this is a great blemish to the franchise's name, but sometimes these things add up (see: 2006 Cincinatti Bengals, or 1990-2006 Portland Trailblzers)...and here we have a great opportunity to show everyone how the Miami Heat don't stand for this kind of thing at pretty much no cost to the team.

 

And I like Robert Hite (Go Canes!) and would like to see him succeed in the NBA, but it's probably not going to happen...and if he's ever in a position where he's logging serious minutes for an NBA team, I'd be a little worried about the talent on that team's roster.

It's a diversion, even if it's a small one, and it's just not needed. This is an easy opportunity to make an example of someone and to help preserve this franchise's reputation. I'm hardly suggesting that something like this is a great blemish to the franchise's name, but sometimes these things add up (see: 2006 Cincinatti Bengals, or 1990-2006 Portland Trailblzers)...and here we have a great opportunity to show everyone how the Miami Heat don't stand for this kind of thing at pretty much no cost to the team.

yeah, and if another player ever gets a DUI, then what? we certainly wouldn't cut anyone meaningful.

 

we'll just end up looking bad for having a double standard.

 

if/when we cut him, we have to blame it on his play.

 

And I like Robert Hite (Go Canes!)

i'm still trying to figure out what florida team you rooted for in your previous life.

 

my money is on fsu.

It's a diversion, even if it's a small one, and it's just not needed. This is an easy opportunity to make an example of someone and to help preserve this franchise's reputation. I'm hardly suggesting that something like this is a great blemish to the franchise's name, but sometimes these things add up (see: 2006 Cincinatti Bengals, or 1990-2006 Portland Trailblzers)...and here we have a great opportunity to show everyone how the Miami Heat don't stand for this kind of thing at pretty much no cost to the team.

yeah, and if another player ever gets a DUI, then what? we certainly wouldn't cut anyone meaningful.

 

we'll just end up looking bad for having a double standard.

 

if/when we cut him, we have to blame it on his play.

 

And I like Robert Hite (Go Canes!)

i'm still trying to figure out what florida team you rooted for in your previous life.

 

my money is on fsu.

 

What? I don't get it. What are you getting at?

 

 

 

 

And everyone knows double standards exist in sports. This would surprise no one.

 

Does anyone actually think Hite is of value to this team? I personally don't, or I wouldn't be arguing to cut him.

And I like Robert Hite (Go Canes!)

i'm still trying to figure out what florida team you rooted for in your previous life.

 

my money is on fsu.

 

What? I don't get it. What are you getting at?

I don't know why, but I've thought for the longest time that you're a stealth Seminole fan.

 

I guess it's because most people don't convert when they come to grad school here.

 

And I coulda sworn I've seen you with FutureGM's hideous avatar.

And I like Robert Hite (Go Canes!)

i'm still trying to figure out what florida team you rooted for in your previous life.

 

my money is on fsu.

 

What? I don't get it. What are you getting at?

I don't know why, but I've thought for the longest time that you're a stealth Seminole fan.

 

I guess it's because most people don't convert when they come to grad school here.

 

And I coulda sworn I've seen you with FutureGM's hideous avatar.

 

Nah, man...I grew up on the mean streets of Hollywood, FL. I've been going to Canes games since I was a young lad, football, baseball, and basketball.

 

I went to some basketball games back in their old Miami Arena days when like 600 people would show up. Back in the Constantine Popa era. I have my UMiami bonafides.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.