Driving Test

Gorick

Hey guys, im taking my driving test in two weeks to get my license (florida) and I was wondering if you guys had any imput on the driving test. Anyone who has taken the test fairly recently have any advice or stories about a minor thing they did wrong? I'm fine as far as skills go but Im thinking there are some stupid things they might fail you on. Also, do they still test parallel parking? thanks :thumbup

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Back when I took the driving examination you had to use a manual crank in order to initiate the cumbustion cycle.

You may note in your ledger, though, that the 'velocitator' is on the right side while the 'deceleratrix' is on the left.

Hey guys, im taking my driving test in two weeks to get my license (florida) and I was wondering if you guys had any imput on the driving test. Anyone who has taken the test fairly recently have any advice or stories about a minor thing they did wrong? I'm fine as far as skills go but Im thinking there are some stupid things they might fail you on. Also, do they still test parallel parking? thanks :thumbup

No they dont :thumbup

No they dont :thumbup

They should. They didnt when I took the test and I wish they had. The first time I actually had to do it was quite interesting!

I did mine 9 years ago in Florida, and I can't imagine it getting any easier. I never left the parking lot. They don't check at all to see how people drive in traffic. I probably never went above 15 mph. No parallel parking. The biggest thing by far was not to hit one of the cones when you park, and though it may cost you like 3 points (out of 100), if you think there's even a chance you're going to hit one, back up a little and take a safer approach.

We did a behind the wheel thing where for a week, every day would sit in the car for an hour and drive for an hour. At the end of the week we had our final hour as the test and most everyone passed. It was pretty easy.

I don't understand why people have so much trouble parallel parking. It really isn't that hard as long as its not a huge vehicle

i took it about a year ago...they just test straight in parking...which was pretty dam hard because they put the cones inside the lines....so i had to go in a little pull back out a tad to get a better angle....they allow you to back up twice just dont hit the cone whatever you do....they also test a three point turn...they took me out in traffic for like 50 yards its so easy.