Worst Amazon Review Ever?

Passion

"ya my son says the ball is not bad, I cant really say cause I dont use it. sorry i am no help, but like always price was good and also the shipping was great"

Is that the statement in question? If so, I can't believe that is a parent.......there children are probably the most illiterate idiots on the face of the earth lol.

"ya my son says the ball is not bad, I cant really say cause I dont use it. sorry i am no help, but like always price was good and also the shipping was great"

Is that the statement in question? If so, I can't believe that is a parent.......there their children are probably the most illiterate idiots on the face of the earth lol.

:whistle

"Sorry I'm no help but, like always, price was good and also the shipping was great" - make more sense?

Is that the statement in question? If so, I can't believe that is a parent.......there their children are probably the most illiterate idiots on the face of the earth lol.

"Sorry I'm no help but, like always, price was good and also the shipping was great" - make more sense?

Very interesting, thats why I have an English Teacher. But thanks though, you are a Yankee fan so I guess your gonna have A LOT of free time in the fall......so maybe you can be the literature police?

Very interesting, thats why I have an English Teacher. But thanks though, you are a Yankee fan so I guess your gonna have A LOT of free time in the fall......so maybe you can be the literature police?

:lol

We'll see, wont we?

I'm just saying; if you want to rip on someone's grammar, you should probably be sure to check your own. :thumbup

You've been on the site, what? 2 days?

Don't be a dick to one of the best posters on this board when you haven't even gotten your feet wet around here.

Loosen up.

Don't be a dick to one of the best posters on this board when you haven't even gotten your feet wet around here.

:cheers

It's cool. I'm sure he was just giving me a hard time for being a Yankee fan. I'm fairly used to that! I also did egg him on with my case-in-point irony response so I'm okay with it.

My only question is this; should I have corrected the grammar within his response as well? :mischief2

My only question is this ; : should I have corrected the grammar in his response as well? :mischief2

:thumbup

I am using the semicolon to connect two independent clauses together into one sentence. In this case, use of a semicolon is proper. Source. Here's the wiki on proper use of a colon. Clearly, this is not applicable here

No, but you might have wanted to correct the grammar in his response.

Probably just a typo, but I couldn't help myself.

:banghead Freaking fast fingers! :owned

My only question is this ; : should I have corrected the grammar in his response as well? :mischief2

:thumbup

I am using the semicolon to connect two independent clauses together into one sentence. In this case, use of a semicolon is proper. Source. Here's the wiki on proper use of a colon. Clearly, this is not applicable here

No. I'm absolutely certain that a colon should have been used instead of a semicolon.

My only question is this is an independent clause that introduces your question.

That the second clause is also independent is irrelevant. The colon should have been used here.

Other examples:

Like the semicolon, the colon produces a stronger pause than the comma. But while the semicolon generally separates two independent clauses, the colon separates an independent clause from words that will explain or amplify it. There are several different ways in which the colon is used. But the most important thing to remember is this: what comes before a colon must be an independent clause.

As you can see from the previous sentence, the section of the sentence before the colon--But the most important thing to remember is this--is an independent clause. It can stand on its own as a sentence.

source

Use a colon to separate two complete sentences when the second sentence explains, amplifies, or illustrates the first. Example: Jim had a good idea: He wanted to consult with the builder.

source

To separate an explanation, rule, or example from a preceding independent clause.

* After a sleepless night, the senator made her decision: she would not seek re-election.

source

(More on colons and semicolons.)

In fact, all of google (~20,000 pages) would take exception to your use of a semicolon in that sentence.

No biggie, though. If I were grading your post, I would have only docked you one point for that mistake. In the end, you still would've scored a 98. :cheers

You've been on the site, what? 2 days?

Loosen up.

:whistle I won't even waste my time on you.