Blue Jays back on CBC

CapeFish

Blue Jays and CBC: Broadcast partners

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have agreed to a two year television broadcast deal with the CBC for the 2007 & 2008 seasons.

"We are very excited to have CBC returning as a television broadcaster for Toronto Blue Jays games. Our organizations have a long history together dating back to 1977 when the CBC was our original broadcaster. The real winner in this deal will be our fans who will now have access to 144 Blue Jays television broadcast season."

-- President and CEO, PAUL GODFREY

The CBC will broadcast eight games in 2007 and then between 20 to 30 games during the 2008 season. The 2007 dates, which will be in high definition, are as follows;

? Sat. June 23 vs Colorado 1:00pm

? Sun. June 24 vs Colorado 1:00pm

? Sat. July 21 vs Seattle 1:00pm

? Sat. August 4 vs Texas 1:00pm

? Sun. August 5 vs Texas 1:00pm

? Mon. August 6 vs New York 1:00pm

? Sat. September 1 vs Seattle 1:00pm

? Sun. September 2 vs Seattle 1:00pm

The 144 game Blue Jays television broadcast schedule for the 2007 season will breakdown as follows; CBC - eight games, TSN -- 20 and Rogers Sportsnet -- 116. As well, the Rogers preview channel will provide an additional 14 games giving our fans access to 158 of the 162 games scheduled this season.

The Blue Jays are owned by Rogers (think Canadian version of Comcast) and this is a big step for MLB since the Expos meltdown. The Blue Jays are seen on Rogers SportsNet (owned with team by Rogers/think FSN Canadian-style with regional channels), TSN (ESPN Canada basically), and now the CBC (which is the government-owned TV network with the largest reach on free TV in Canada).

Too bad they couldn't pry the CBC into carrying the World Series again so it would be on free TV up there.

But, I see this as progress for MLB in Canada and as a baseball fan...I like that. Blue Jays fans are there for their team and they preserve baseball in Canada.

Guest Festa

So is it true that the Rogers Center has maple syrup on tap right along side the Molsens?

It's true. I'm Canadian I know these types of things, eh.

:shifty