Record with the New Lineup

Out of the Past

The one factor consistently being left out of the equation is that Hermida has been back in the lineup. While his average is low he has done some clutch hitting for us and added more runs than Borchard has. True, we have been missing Jacobs for much of this span, but Boone is less of a downgrade than Borchard. But I'm done worrying about our lineup because we are getting very solid production from Amezaga in the leadoff spot.

I've beaten this horse to death, but if you're going to tell me we insist on Hanley 3rd, how about just flipping Uggla and Hermida?

It spreads out the power, puts someone at the top of the order who won't swing at everything and actually work a walk, and it may provide favorable matchups for Hanley late in the game with a lefty being left in after facing Hermida.

Ideally, I'd love Hanley 1, Hermida 2, Cabrera 3, but I realize that's not happening.

I've beaten this horse to death, but if you're going to tell me we insist on Hanley 3rd, how about just flipping Uggla and Hermida?

It spreads out the power, puts someone at the top of the order who won't swing at everything and actually work a walk, and it may provide favorable matchups for Hanley late in the game with a lefty being left in after facing Hermida.

Ideally, I'd love Hanley 1, Hermida 2, Cabrera 3, but I realize that's not happening.

Uggla has been our team's most solid hitter besides Cabrera. Why move him out of the two hole? He makes things happen there. Sure, he isn't your prototypical two hitter, but right now Hermida is batting sub .250 so he isn't either. Hermida has had some nice swings, but he isn't consistent enough to be at the top of the order, and he isn't really a sparkplug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.