June 21, 200719 yr I have one major complaint. The actual MLB.tv service is great. But does anyone have a problem with the fact that they continue to charge your credit card every month without allowing you to give permission to do so? When I signed up for MLB.tv I clearly checked the box that said do not sign me up automatically when my subscription ends. So what happens? I have another charge on my card for this month! I called MLB. They don't seem to understand why this is wrong. They say that check box that refers to not signing up automatically refers to the WHOLE YEAR and not month to month. So I said ok, remove my credit card from your database so this doesn't happen again. I would like to call up every month when I choose and order the subscription manually. So I'm told they can't remove my card info b/c they are not allowed to edit our personal information. So let me get this straight. They can charge my card when they feel fit without my permission but if I request them to remove my card details for security purposes, they can't. Anyone else run into this problem? I hate to sound like a cheap ass b/c it's not the money I'm worried about. It's the principal. I hate people accessing my account or making charges without my authorization. The girl on the phone at MLB even said she thinks this sucks and she is quitting b/c she says MLB's customer service is pathetic. Thanks for letting me rant.
June 21, 200719 yr Happened to me the past two years. Granted I was going to get the yearly subscription anyways. But it is incredibly annoying to see an $80 charge to my card without me really approving it. Always comes as a surprise.
June 21, 200719 yr MLB.tv gets the job done - but besides that, it sucks. Unfortunately they have exclusive rights to broadcasting online I believe.
June 21, 200719 yr YES! I hate that so much. I first got the service for Aug and Sept of 2005 when I first moved to boston. Then I didnt renew it for 2006 because I really didnt like the quality of mlb.tv. However in september 2006 I checked my online banking and saw that they had auto renewed me and charged me 15 a month for the entire season. Then this season I got the new service in april. I decided on getting a month of premium just to try it out. I checked that box because I figured it ment just one month. Well they renewed it may 11th and june 11th. Granted I am actually watching the games unlike 2006 (when I didnt even know I had it). But there shouldnt be a box that says dont sign me up automatically if its not true. I will most likely cancel the service for july, but I havent decided yet.
June 21, 200719 yr you can get a proxy... anyway, I have mlb.tv and they made a big deal about me giving it up when I came back to Florida...I only listen in Connecticut at school!!! I have to cancel the subscription and then get it again when I go back up in late August. It's ridiculas, but its not like we have a choice...
June 21, 200719 yr Author you can get a proxy... anyway, I have mlb.tv and they made a big deal about me giving it up when I came back to Florida...I only listen in Connecticut at school!!! I have to cancel the subscription and then get it again when I go back up in late August. It's ridiculas, but its not like we have a choice... I am using a proxy to get local marlin games. That's really not my complaint. I don't want people taking my money without my permission. But yeah we don't really have any other options. Still doesn't mean MLB has to be all Nazi like about it :lol
June 21, 200719 yr you can get a proxy... anyway, I have mlb.tv and they made a big deal about me giving it up when I came back to Florida...I only listen in Connecticut at school!!! I have to cancel the subscription and then get it again when I go back up in late August. It's ridiculas, but its not like we have a choice... I am using a proxy to get local marlin games. That's really not my complaint. I don't want people taking my money without my permission. But yeah we don't really have any other options. Still doesn't mean MLB has to be all Nazi like about it :lol i love MLB but its true their customer service blows...i dont have mlb.tv cuz i dont need it but i bought 3 hats from the online store right before christmas last year while they had a huge sale....and what a coincidence they didn't have any of the hats i wanted...so i cancelled the order....couple months later out of the blue i get one of the hats...then a couple months later i got another one.....still waiting for the third i guess :lol MLB service is so whack
June 21, 200719 yr you can get a proxy... anyway, I have mlb.tv and they made a big deal about me giving it up when I came back to Florida...I only listen in Connecticut at school!!! I have to cancel the subscription and then get it again when I go back up in late August. It's ridiculas, but its not like we have a choice... I am using a proxy to get local marlin games. That's really not my complaint. I don't want people taking my money without my permission. But yeah we don't really have any other options. Still doesn't mean MLB has to be all Nazi like about it :lol my friend told me about the proxy, but I've never used it. I've wanted to use it for FOX games (the 1:00 games during Fox games) and select Marlins games. can you message me with info on it?
June 22, 200719 yr I have yet to have any big problems with mlb.tv but I have also not needed to call customer service. Overall, I'm very pleased with mlb.tv
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.