July 23, 200719 yr I need a wireless router just to rout the signal to the cable modem to my lap top in my house. Does anyone know a good one that would work for the right price??
July 23, 200719 yr Author I prefer Netgear over Linksys. You can pick one up cheap pretty much anywhere. I looked online and theres alot of different types i dont know anything about, can you recomend a model?
July 23, 200719 yr I think Fox recommended this model (Netgear WGT624) in another thread. It looks good and would be what I would buy if I was shopping for a wireless router now. I still use my old Netgear MR814v2 router just fine. In the office, I have a Linksys WRT54G which works well. I have EMBARQ DSL service, but it should work just as well with Comcast High Speed Internet.
July 24, 200719 yr I've had the Linksys WRt54G for awhile with Comcast. The router works like a sodomy champ. Then again, if you're using Comcast what router you use is the least of your worries.
July 24, 200719 yr I 2nd the Linksys. Linksys is owned and made by Cisco - THE name in the datacom business. The Linksys also has a small but powerful filter system built in. Let me know when you get it and I will tell you how to set that sucker up right so your wap is secure. All these WAPs are open by default, which means that when Joe Neighbor steals your internet and goes to some "kitty porn" site - the police come knocking on YOUR door...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.