Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Is Thriving

Featured Replies

Major League Baseball set its attendance record for a single day, drawing 717,478 fans for 17 games Saturday.

 

Boosted by a pair of day-night doubleheaders, baseball broke the previous mark of 640,412, set when 17 games were played on July 3, 1999.

 

Baseball is averaging 32,258 per game through Saturday, up 4.4 percent from last year, and is on track to break the record average of 31,632 set in 1994.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sectio...&id=2953531

  • Author

only because the marlins didnt have a home game to bring down the average

That makes no sense for any of what I just posted.

only because the marlins didnt have a home game to bring down the average

That makes no sense for any of what I just posted.

 

Major League Baseball set its attendance record for a single day, drawing 717,478 fans for 17 games Saturday.

 

just making a joke... taking a shot at the marlins.. since had the game been in florida and not in SF, it would have brought down the overall attendance of the 17 games yesterday

  • Author

When you said, 'average' it threw me off.

 

The big thing here is topping the record average per park from 1994. Coming full circle from the strike it seems.

always nice to hear...ive never turned onto a braves games in years before to see turner field so filled every night like it is this year...imagine if the orioles and royals had good teams you know those fan bases will come back as soon as they put a competitive team on the field...

 

i mean off the top of my head

 

yankees

red sox

giants

astros

mets

st louis

dodgers

angels

are all big time draws probably left some out

 

then

tigers

braves

twins

ect. when i see highlights on SC those parks are routinely drawing nice crowds

always nice to hear...ive never turned onto a braves games in years before to see turner field so filled every night like it is this year...imagine if the orioles and royals had good teams you know those fan bases will come back as soon as they put a competitive team on the field...

 

i mean off the top of my head

 

yankees

red sox

giants

astros

mets

st louis

dodgers

angels

are all big time draws probably left some out

 

then

tigers

braves

twins

ect. when i see highlights on SC those parks are routinely drawing nice crowds

Phillies, we drew 40,000 today on a rainy day, and yesterday was sold out

Im really glad baseball is thriving. It sounds simplistic but when you live in South Florida you really begin to feel isolated because your a baseball fan.

 

And Im not talking about poor attendance at Dolphins Stadium.

 

 

I find that on a regular basis, people give me a really puzzled look when I tell them that Im a big baseball fan. Its like saying your a big fan of Jai Lai.

 

I always hear the same thing: "Baseball is so boring and slow"

 

:confused

 

 

Go baseball!

 

 

 

 

Has anyone else noticed this trend or am I just living in a really anti-baseball area.

  • Author

Anyone that says that baseball is so boring and slow is a complete tool who I will no longer converse with. They haven't given it a chance or watched a game in person if they really believe that. Pure ignorance.

 

I bet they are huge NFL fans. I like the NFL as I like all the major sports a lot, but that is definitely the most boring sport of 'the big four'.

Anyone that says that baseball is so boring and slow is a complete tool who I will no longer converse with. They haven't given it a chance or watched a game in person if they really believe that. Pure ignorance.

 

I bet they are huge NFL fans.

You just described the vast majority of South Florida. Baseball can only succeed down here if they actually play in Miami.

Im really glad baseball is thriving. It sounds simplistic but when you live in South Florida you really begin to feel isolated because your a baseball fan.

 

And Im not talking about poor attendance at Dolphins Stadium.

 

 

I find that on a regular basis, people give me a really puzzled look when I tell them that Im a big baseball fan. Its like saying your a big fan of Jai Lai.

 

I always hear the same thing: "Baseball is so boring and slow"

 

:confused

 

 

Go baseball!

 

 

 

 

Has anyone else noticed this trend or am I just living in a really anti-baseball area.

No, it's a Miami thing. I feel your pain. I HATE hearing that baseball is "boring". Just because their low attention span and lack of understanding of the intricate mechanics of the game doesn't let them enjoy it, that doesn't make it boring. Basketball, now that's boring. If the game is any good, the entire thing is irrelevant until the last two minutes.

Im really glad baseball is thriving. It sounds simplistic but when you live in South Florida you really begin to feel isolated because your a baseball fan.

 

And Im not talking about poor attendance at Dolphins Stadium.

 

 

I find that on a regular basis, people give me a really puzzled look when I tell them that Im a big baseball fan. Its like saying your a big fan of Jai Lai.

 

I always hear the same thing: "Baseball is so boring and slow"

 

:confused

 

 

Go baseball!

 

 

 

 

Has anyone else noticed this trend or am I just living in a really anti-baseball area.

No, it's a Miami thing. I feel your pain. I HATE hearing that baseball is "boring". Just because their low attention span and lack of understanding of the intricate mechanics of the game doesn't let them enjoy it, that doesn't make it boring. Basketball, now that's boring. If the game is any good, the entire thing is irrelevant until the last two minutes.

 

Jah. I don't care for basketball too much either.

 

 

The best part about baseball is everyday there is a chance for something incredible to happen. Everyday, there is hope. The ghosts of the past intertwine with the heroes of the present. Baseball, moreso than any other sport, represents the heart of America. I didn't come up with that but I truly believe that.

The best part about baseball is everyday there is a chance for something incredible to happen. Everyday, there is hope. The ghosts of the past intertwine with the heroes of the present. Baseball, moreso than any other sport, represents the heart of America. I didn't come up with that but I truly believe that.

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come. People will most definitely come. I didn't come up with that either but I truly believe that.

This is Baseball's Golden Era, easily.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.