Help with Ballads

Reason63

I have been doing a project with ballads and we need to pick like 6 different ballads and I have 1 left and not sure what to choose.

Does anyone know if "Time of your life" - green day is a ballad? because I don't know the rhyme scheme and guessing the refrain is just "I hope you had the time of your life".

help would be must appreciated

A ballad is a slow song, usually centered around a love theme. When I googled definition of a balladmore than 40 answers came up all in very broad meanings.

Is your prof leaning towards the whole rhyme scheme thing or the refrain thing? And, yes, "I hope you had the time of your life" is the refrain.

Why not choose a song like "My heart will go on" from Titanic? Classic ballad style and lots of rhymes.

A ballad is a slow song, usually centered around a love theme. When I googled definition of a ballad ,pre than 40 answers came up all in very broad meanings.

Is your prof leaning towards the whole rhyme scheme thing or the refrain thing? And, yes, "I hope you had the time of your life" is the refrain.

Why not choose a song like "My heart will go on" from Titanic? Classic ballad style and lots of rhymes.

ahhh thanks so much. I am going to use "My heart will go on". But I don't see the lyrical rhyme scheme in this song. Refrain is very obvious

I have been doing a project with ballads and we need to pick like 6 different ballads and I have 1 left and not sure what to choose.

Does anyone know if "Time of your life" - green day is a ballad? because I don't know the rhyme scheme and guessing the refrain is just "I hope you had the time of your life".

help would be must appreciated

"Time of Your Life (Good Riddance)" is gentle enough in tone that I think it makes up for the abnormally fast tempo.