February 26, 200818 yr http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/433258.html Interesting - I tend to think that the guys from last year can only improve so much, but out of the candidates for 3rd, who do you think has the best defensive chops? A defensive improvement there could help the entire infield.
February 26, 200818 yr http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/433258.html Interesting - I tend to think that the guys from last year can only improve so much, but out of the candidates for 3rd, who do you think has the best defensive chops? A defensive improvement there could help the entire infield. As much because I suspect McPherson is a work in progress and not 100% I tend towards Castillo. Unless Cantu puts on a Barry Bonds-like hitting display this spring I can't imagine him starting. Every player doesn't have to get tremendously better to affect the outcome of games. If every player can raise his fcpt even 5-6 points the collective (team) improvement will be significant. What you can't have anymore is the rightfielder (just using it as an example Hermida fans, I'm not picking on your boy) misplaying a ball and then watching one of three happens 1) throwing to the wrong base, 2) missing the cut-off man or 3) the cut-off man misplaying the ball or rushing a throw that results in another out lost or a runner advancing. You cut out compounding mistakes and that is a quantum leap from last year.
February 26, 200818 yr if the defense doesnt play better...we have no shot of matching even last years win total...no matter how many dingers we hit
February 26, 200818 yr OMG HOW CAN YOU LEAVE THE BEST PAT OF THE ARTICLE OUT???????????????? That's as good a place to start as any with the Marlins, who made 137 errors last season. The Marlins didn't just make errors, they had some Bad News Bears moments. The Herlad writers are clearly comming to the site and stealing Miamibaseball's thunder.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.