IT IS SAD

I know alot of the folks here going to get on me, but i have to say it, The Rays are in from Tampa to play The Marlins from Miami, both teams are in second place, playing good ball,

I walk into the stadium and about 13,000 people there, i'm tired hearing about the weather,the stadium, and all the other excues we hear here on the board, oh i forgot, the return of Josh Willingham, It is sad.

PS i have broad shoulders so lay it on.

I think there is a valid excuse about the stadium to be completely honest

It's not the fact that its a football stadium its the location of the stadium

The majority of the games are played during the week... this means TRAFFIC. especially heading north on I-95

I leave work from downtown miami at 6pm... it would be nearly impossible for me to go home, change, eat something and get to the game in time for first pitch.

the stadium works for football games b/c there is no traffic on sundays

I love the marlins but I'm not leaving straight from work to be stuck in traffic for 1 hour + , hungry and wasting gas

once they build a stadium downtown I'll be at 90% of the home games

LOL. Seriously. You took the words right out of my mouth. Bringing up this topic is like beating a dead horse.

I know alot of the folks here going to get on me, but i have to say it, The Rays are in from Tampa to play The Marlins from Miami, both teams are in second place, playing good ball,

I walk into the stadium and about 13,000 people there, i'm tired hearing about the weather,the stadium, and all the other excues we hear here on the board, oh i forgot, the return of Josh Willingham, It is sad.

Face it. The Marlins don't draw well. There is nothing you can do to change that. We're all hoping things will change with the new park. There is no point in making thread after thread after thread about the attendance.

the argument about traffic will apply to me once they move to downtown Miami, I live in north Broward and now it takes me 30 min to get to DS, with traffic and parking concerns around the new stadium I wonder how many less games I will go to....I guess I'll only go on weekends and go EARLY to try and find decent parking....can anyone fill me in on the area around the OB?

I f you subract the fans you will be losing from Broward and Palm Beach coupled with the extra fans of Miami area I think maybe the avg attendance goes up 5000....

the Nats have proven if you biuld it they won't necessarily come.....altho lets see what happens if the Pirates and Nats EVER have a decent team

Bad stadium, bad economy. Things will get better

the argument about traffic will apply to me once they move to downtown Miami, I live in north Broward and now it takes me 30 min to get to DS, with traffic and parking concerns around the new stadium I wonder how many less games I will go to....I guess I'll only go on weekends and go EARLY to try and find decent parking....can anyone fill me in on the area around the OB?

I f you subract the fans you will be losing from Broward and Palm Beach coupled with the extra fans of Miami area I think maybe the avg attendance goes up 5000....

the Nats have proven if you biuld it they won't necessarily come.....altho lets see what happens if the Pirates and Nats EVER have a decent team

an increase of 5000 fans would be a 60% increase!

I'm just saying that traffic does play a huge role in me attending more games. Its a good area for a football stadium but its hard to draw fans everyday of the week when it takes 1 1/2 hour to get there and moreover there is nothing to do around the stadium.

It works for football because you drive there on a sunday with no traffic, tailgate (there doesnt need to be anything to do around the stadium), and then just go straight home afterwards.

I think that the attendance WILL rise with the number of fans that live in south dade that would be more accesible to the new staduim.

Honestly I thought we had a very solid crowd last night. The fans were into the game and energetic and the stands behind the Marlins dugout were somewhat "crowded".

It's one thign to take the easy route and bitch and complain about numbers but with the understanding that we'll never get 20k on a weeknight, you have to look at things differently. There was a good walk up crowd. 13k is better than 7k. Things won't change over night.