Economists favor Obama

Flying_Mollusk

I'll put in the logical response to appease people like FutureGM "Look at the source"

In fairness, there are a lot of giants of our economy that are supporting Obama. Warren Buffet being one of them. I just don't think Republicans have a monopoly on this issue, as many claim.

Has Warren Buffet really come out to support Obama? I'd love to see that, I don't doubt you but I just don't see Buffet coming out to support Obama, and if he did I'd like to read what he has to say; I highly respect his opinion.

I hope you don't mean donating money either, as it is quite common for large corporations (Buffet at this point is a corporation, of course) to donate money to both sides.

I'll put in the logical response to appease people like FutureGM "Look at the source"

In fairness, there are a lot of giants of our economy that are supporting Obama. Warren Buffet being one of them. I just don't think Republicans have a monopoly on this issue, as many claim.

Has Warren Buffet really come out to support Obama? I'd love to see that, I don't doubt you but I just don't see Buffet coming out to support Obama, and if he did I'd like to read what he has to say; I highly respect his opinion.

I hope you don't mean donating money either, as it is quite common for large corporations (Buffet at this point is a corporation, of course) to donate money to both sides.

He's supporting Obama. Read here: http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iEoh4t...k875VIJDcq3FOKg

He's supporting Obama. Read here: http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iEoh4t...k875VIJDcq3FOKg

Thanks. Like I said I do respect what the sage has to say, although I wish he gave some reasons as to why he is supporting Obama?

Thanks. Like I said I do respect what the sage has to say, although I wish he gave some reasons as to why he is supporting Obama?

He has always being a huge supporter of Democrats.

Do a google search for it. He's articulated his reasons for it. I have seen him being interviewed about it, and he's even hosted fundraisers for Obama.

Like I said, conservatives often think they have the upperhand among economists and the most savvy investors in the world, but that is not the case at all.

A few other cases in point:

1) Robert Rubin. Secretary of the Treasury under Clinton, former chairman of Goldman Sachs. Absolutely brilliant economic mind. Strong Democrat.

2) John Corzine. Former Democratic Senator from New Jersey, now Governor. Former chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs. Also a strong Democrat.

There are a bunch of others, and many have advocated (or implemented) similar policies as Obama. Obama's chief economics advisor is this guy named Goolsby (not sure it is spelled right), and he is considered a brilliant economic mind. He worked with Rubin for a while, he now teaches economics at Harvard.

The economics guys with Obama are legit. From what I can tell, McCain's advisors are not nearly on the same level as Obama's. Most of them are lobbyists. Very few of them have the academic and business credentials of Obama's people.