More Serious Trade Talk

marlinsmichael

According to the Miami Herald, the Marlins have been in serious talks to trade Mike Jacobs, Scott Olsen, and Kevin Gregg.

The Royals nearly became suitors for Jacobs last week but the Fish weren't happy with the health of the pitching prospect that they were going to receive. Still, talks with other teams remain ongoing. The Marlins are hoping prospect Gaby Sanchez can fill in for Jacobs this season. Moving Olsen would also open up a rotation spot for Andrew Miller

I wouldn't be objective to trading Willingham either. If we could get a young reliever for him I wouldn't be mad. What do you guy's think we can get for those 3 named in the article?

You could do better than a mid-level prospect for Scott Olsen or Kevin Gregg

Maybe slightly better, but I think that would be pushing it.

Yea, because 24 year old durable lefties are run of the mill. And hate on Gregg all you want, he's a pretty good arm in the bullpen and could close if need to be too.

Gregg is not a closer, he's a middle reliever.

Yea, because 24 year old durable lefties are run of the mill. And hate on Gregg all you want, he's a pretty good arm in the bullpen and could close if need to be too.

Kevin Gregg is at worst a set-up guy. He's a type-A free agent (I think), for a reason

Kevin Gregg is at worst a set-up guy. He's a type-A free agent (I think), for a reason

Whatever he is, he's not a closer, making his value decrease.

IMO we should be trying to get a couple young MLB ready relievers for them along with outfielders.

We probably don't need more outfielders, unless they're veterans who could make an immediate impact.

We need a couplecorner outfielders.

Not with the prospects the Marlins have coming up soon.

besides raynor we dont have anyone who is a corner outfielder that is coming up anytime soon.

IMO we should be trying to get a couple young MLB ready relievers for them along with outfielders.

We probably don't need more outfielders, unless they're veterans who could make an immediate impact.

besides raynor we dont have anyone who is a corner outfielder that is coming up anytime soon.

Stanton might be coming up in 2010.

Raynor, Maybin, Stanton is a good outfield.

I really don't understand the hate on Gregg. Before the last couple games this year, where he actually had a knee injury, he was a very solid closer.

I'm pretty sure he already had five or six blown saves before the all-star game.

And how many games did he save for us.

29 saves, 9 blown saves. I dont call that a great ratio.

Raynor, Maybin, Stanton is a god outfield.

Sry, i don't consider at the earliest 2 years is soon

With the way he has been playing, I think it could be 2010. Even if it is late 2010 or 2011, we won't need to trade for a young outfielder to have their producion for just 1 or 2 years.

Raynor, Maybin, Stanton is a god outfield.

Sry, i don't consider at the earliest 2 years is soon

With the way he has been playing, I think it could be 2010. Even if it is late 2010 or 2011, we won't need to trade for a young outfielder to have their producion for just 1 or 2 years.

i never said young outfielder. i said corner outfielder.

Scott Cousins, Hermida, Ross, Maybin, Willingham, Carroll, Amezaga is a crowded outfield