Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OFFICIAL Winter Meetings Thread

Featured Replies

Hey everyone! I am checking in from LAS VEGAS site of the 2008 Winter Meetings. I have already lost over $100, but I'm not here to gamble, so I'm going to stop while I'm behind.

 

Over the course of the next 3 days (I have to leave town Wednesday night to attend to personal matters) I will be posting from the meetings in this thread. I will be reporting on general MLB and MiLB action here!

 

Enjoy!

  • Author

enjoy! 99 cent Margarita's at Bills!

If the bigwigs will be there, I'm in. I'm blowing a ton of money here to be with baseball bigshots...this is gonna sting the wallet for a while!

Adam Everett signs with tigers....

 

Milton Bradley had lunch with Tampa Bay officials....

 

Phillies talking to twins about Delmon Young

  • Author

Adam Everett signs with tigers....

 

Milton Bradley had lunch with Tampa Bay officials....

 

Phillies talking to twins about Delmon Young

f*** I need to get my @$$ over to the Bellagio and not at this dirty boring Hilton!

NY Mets offer K-Rod 3 year deal... They are also talking to Kerry Wood and Trevor Hoffman

NY Mets offer K-Rod 3 year deal... They are also talking to Kerry Wood and Trevor Hoffman

 

2 years with a third year option.

NY Mets offer K-Rod 3 year deal... They are also talking to Kerry Wood and Trevor Hoffman

 

2 years with a third year option.

know anything about the talks with Wood or Hoffman? I heard the Tigers and Red Sox are both looking at Kerry Wood also. With Wood as a setup man for the Red Sox.

NY Mets offer K-Rod 3 year deal... They are also talking to Kerry Wood and Trevor Hoffman

 

2 years with a third year option.

know anything about the talks with Wood or Hoffman? I heard the Tigers and Red Sox are both looking at Kerry Wood also. With Wood as a setup man for the Red Sox.

 

Nope nothing that I know of. I've been watching winter meetings at mlb.tv and they haven't talked anything about it.

NY Mets offer K-Rod 3 year deal... They are also talking to Kerry Wood and Trevor Hoffman

 

2 years with a third year option.

know anything about the talks with Wood or Hoffman? I heard the Tigers and Red Sox are both looking at Kerry Wood also. With Wood as a setup man for the Red Sox.

 

Nope nothing that I know of. I've been watching winter meetings at mlb.tv and they haven't talked anything about it.

 

Hoffman is more likely to stay with the Padres that's all they have said apart from he meeting with the Mets.

NY Mets offer K-Rod 3 year deal... They are also talking to Kerry Wood and Trevor Hoffman

 

2 years with a third year option.

know anything about the talks with Wood or Hoffman? I heard the Tigers and Red Sox are both looking at Kerry Wood also. With Wood as a setup man for the Red Sox.

 

Nope nothing that I know of. I've been watching winter meetings at mlb.tv and they haven't talked anything about it.

 

Hoffman is more likely to stay with the Padres that's all they have said apart from he meeting with the Mets.

Padres said last month that they are done with Hoffman.

The Reds are interested in a Ramon Hernandez-for-Ryan Freel deal, but they'd want the Orioles to pick up a portion of Hernandez's salary, sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.

word on WEEI is that as the Red Sox get closer towards landing Texiera that they are looking at what is the best option. Trying to deal Lowell or Ortiz. On WEEI they are saying Ortiz is the word around Vegas. He will be easier to trade and can net them a future 3B/1B depending on where they move Youk after Lowell is gone. Ortiz is 33 and had a bad year last year. The wrist has been a major issue and just like Nomar was untouchable in a trade they did it. Epstein wasn't scared then and he may not be scared now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.