Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Hamilton

Featured Replies

Crappy. I hope players don't start dropping out this time like they did last time. To be a true WBC, players should be willing to participate. I'm looking forward to seeing top notch players representing their countries this time.

  • Author

Crappy. I hope players don't start dropping out this time like they did last time. To be a true WBC, players should be willing to participate. I'm looking forward to seeing top notch players representing their countries this time.

I agree, i think some guys just dont know what the WBC is all about... The best players for every country should be killing each other to get a spot to represent there country's.... Its about pride,if i were a MLBP i would be first in line to play in the WBC...

The WBC is during a time that is of vital importance to MLB players, if it were in November in a warm climate it would draw more guys.

I got no problem with this. Most guy who are stars on MLB team im sure arent playing vey hard in the WBC any way.

  • Author

Boston Red Sox Dustin Pedroia will play....

 

Josh Beckett wont be playing...

The WBC is during a time that is of vital importance to MLB players, if it were in November in a warm climate it would draw more guys.

ditto.

I got no problem with this. Most guy who are stars on MLB team im sure arent playing vey hard in the WBC any way.

 

 

I disagree. I believe that they don't intend to go all out. But when they get there, pride and competition kick in. I know, as a Dominican, that the players that go there intend to win. Back int the Dominican Republic, this is all that everyone is talking about during the tournament. I'm sure that this is the case for many countries where baseball is a big draw (Cuba, Venezuela, etc). Once the competitive juices start flowing, I don't think guys are really gonna hold back. That is where management will need to monitor those players that try to overdo it.

I got no problem with this. Most guy who are stars on MLB team im sure arent playing vey hard in the WBC any way.

 

 

I disagree. I believe that they don't intend to go all out. But when they get there, pride and competition kick in. I know, as a Dominican, that the players that go there intend to win. Back int the Dominican Republic, this is all that everyone is talking about during the tournament. I'm sure that this is the case for many countries where baseball is a big draw (Cuba, Venezuela, etc). Once the competitive juices start flowing, I don't think guys are really gonna hold back. That is where management will need to monitor those players that try to overdo it.

It may be a big draw and all any one in those countries is talking about but i still beleive the mlb stars are being carefull. They probably have both their agents and ML team telling them constantly dont over do it espcially the pitchers. Also i bet the managers for the teams with alot of MLB guys get a ear full.

On a side note is Hanley going to play in the classic? I hope not, let reyes do it. I know uggla said he would play for the US if he got the chance which i hope he doesnt for fear of injury.

Yup. I read somewhere that Hanley will play. I'll try to find a link. Haven't heard if Reyes is playing. Either way, it would be a nice duo. They could split games so that neither one overdo it. Dominican's team is gonna be stacked this year. Arod, Hanley, and the rest to be announced. Heck, that is strong tandem as the first two to start the roster.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.