November 7, 200322 yr so pavano was better than redman in the reg. season??? IMO, he was better than everyone. willis becket, redman and if you want even penny was BETTER THAN PAVANO DURING THE REGULAR SEASON. MAN WHERE WHERE U??????
November 7, 200322 yr he IS better now-and it will be much clearer next year-not that DW will do bad. I didn't know you were on the boards Miss Cleo! MR KNOW IT ALL!!!! POST MS CLEO TO URSELF MAN. WHY DONT YOU MAKE UP A NEW FACT TO MAKE UR ARGUMENT LOOK BETTER AGAIN???
November 7, 200322 yr Why you don't trade Pavano over Redman: A) Pavano is younger. B) Pavano has better stuff. C) Pavano has shown flashes of being flat-out dominant. D) Redman can't hit. :thumbup I think anyone on this board who watched this team this year can say that there were times this year when Pavano was the best pitcher in the rotation.
November 7, 200322 yr Author Pavs was the victim of 3 or 4 atrocious outings.... besides those, he was stellar in 03
November 7, 200322 yr And, just as a pre-emptive strike, don't bring up the 12-13 record. Anyone who watches baseball knows how misleading THOSE numbers can be.
November 7, 200322 yr Pavs was the victim of 3 or 4 atrocious outings.... besides those, he was stellar in 03 YOU MEAN EVERY OTHER OUTING LOL NOT JUST 3 OR 4.... HES GOOD BUT IN THE REG. SEASON HE WASNT VERY CONSISTANT. U DONT HAVE A VERY GOOD MEMORY. REDMAN WAS MORE CONSISTANT AND EVEN PENNY. BECKETT WAS THE MOST IF HE WASNT INJURE D
November 7, 200322 yr so pavano was better than redman in the reg. season??? IMO, he was better than everyone. ROFLMAO and you call him a bandwagoner for saying pavano was better in the playoffs than in the regular season. have you compared their regular season stats?
November 7, 200322 yr If you're going to say one pitcher is superior to the other, at least don't be so cut-and-dry no-brainer about it. It's not cut-and-dry at all: PAVANO: 1998 Mon 134.2 IP -- 4.21 ERA 1999 Mon 104.0 IP -- 5.63 ERA 2000 Mon 97.0 IP -- 3.06 ERA 2001 Mon 42.2 IP -- 6.33 ERA ...2002 Mon 74.1 IP -- 6.30 ERA ...2002 Fla 61.2 IP -- 3.80 ERA 2002 -- 136.0 IP -- 5.16 ERA 2003 Fla 201.0 IP -- 4.30 ERA Career -- 715.1 IP -- 4.59 ERA REDMAN: 1999 Min 12.2 IP -- 8.53 ERA 2000 Min 151.1 IP -- 4.76 ERA ...2001 Det 9.0 IP -- 6.00 ERA ...2001 Min 49.0 IP -- 4.22 ERA 2001 -- 58.0 IP -- 4.50 ERA 2002 Det 203.0 IP -- 4.21 ERA 2003 Fla 190.2 IP -- 3.59 ERA Career -- 615.2 IP -- 4.27 ERA If you're going solely by trends, Redman has been improving every year, while Pavano has been all over the place. Over the course of a regular season, a 3.59 ERA in 190.2 IP is CLEARLY superior to a 4.30 ERA in 201.0 IP. The sample size (IP) is sufficiently large to see who was the better pitcher over the regular season. That being said, I'd still rather see Pavano stay, but that's just my personal preference. The decision isn't obvious at all.
November 7, 200322 yr You keep Pavano because he has a higher ceiling, is cheaper at this point, younger, and not so inclined to getting rocked if he is not getting his strikes called by the ump or his stuff isnt on. Pavano has got more heat, Redman relies on deception. I like Redman, but at this point, he is expendable WHEN AJ comes back. We could net a lot for Redman too, more than what we gave up to get him. Either way, gotta love the options that lay before the Marlins.
November 7, 200322 yr Redman will be moved. He did a great job with us but he doesnt fit into our rotation. I wouldnt trade Penny or Pavz. They had a very solid season and are still VERY young. Let them stay and see what they do this season. He doesn't fit into our rotation? What about being the second lefty in a heavily favored right-handed pitching group? And a good lefty, BTW... I don't like the idea of dealing Redman at all. I would consider dealing Penny if AJ comes back healthy before I even start considering Redman. For starters, I believe he would have a greater trade value than Redman. Also, he keeps gaining weight and at some point he will land his huge behind in the DL. And he is not much of a pitcher to tell the truth, but a thrower with no intelligence whatsoever.
November 7, 200322 yr What about using Pavano as a long-reliever, spot-starter? Then you can add AJ and keep the rest of the guys in place. That's what I would do, but I don't think they have that kind of money... :confused
November 7, 200322 yr Also, he keeps gaining weight and at some point he will land his huge behind in the DL. "And now the pitcher for the Florida Marlins... 500 lb Brad Penny... a good 98 mph fastball that makes the pitching mound sink below sea-level... and an easy guy to bunt on... it takes him an incredible 15 mins to reach first base."
November 7, 200322 yr Also, he keeps gaining weight and at some point he will land his huge behind in the DL. "And now the pitcher for the Florida Marlins... 500 lb Brad Penny... a good 98 mph fastball that makes the pitching mound sink below sea-level... and an easy guy to bunt on... it takes him an incredible 15 mins to reach first base." :w00t :w00t :w00t
November 7, 200322 yr I really dont want to see an incredible arm like brad penny go to waste because of being outta shape. Like David Wells sort of. Good Pitcher, Good Stuff but is just getting fatter and FATTER every year. I'd hate to see that with brad. He really needs to get his act together.
November 7, 200322 yr I really dont want to see an incredible arm like brad penny go to waste because of being outta shape. Like David Wells sort of. Good Pitcher, Good Stuff but is just getting fatter and FATTER every year. I'd hate to see that with brad. He really needs to get his act together. At least David Wells lost some weight before he signed with the Yankees last year. I guess the fatter he gets the more speed he can lose on the fastball.
November 7, 200322 yr I really dont want to see an incredible arm like brad penny go to waste because of being outta shape. Like David Wells sort of. Good Pitcher, Good Stuff but is just getting fatter and FATTER every year. I'd hate to see that with brad. He really needs to get his act together. At least David Wells lost some weight before he signed with the Yankees last year. I guess the fatter he gets the more speed he can lose on the fastball. Not to mention his IQ is in the negative numbers... Imagine a stupid flame-thrower with 600 pounds... very intimidating... :w00t
November 7, 200322 yr Not to mention his IQ is in the negative numbers... Imagine a stupid flame-thrower with 600 pounds... very intimidating... :w00t "UMP! How can you not call that a strike?!? Next time you do that I'll crush you with my BIG FAT @$$!" *ump runs to dugout*
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.